The Beta Nu chapter was founded on June 12, 1955 at Purdue University in West Lafayette, IN as a colony of the Zeta chapter at the University of Illinois. Having been housed at 219 West Fowler Avenue since 1962, we are fortunate to be one of only nine housed chapters in the country. Membership is for life and extends past the undergraduate level to include graduate students and professional chemists from across the country.
Alpha Chi Sigma was founded in 1902 at the University of Wisconsin-Madison. The fraternity has grown to 48 active collegiate chapters and 17 professional groups and chapters. Total membership is approximately 65,000 nationwide.
For more information, check out the national website, or browse our chapter photos and awards!
Brothers standing in front of Wetherill Hall in 1983.
Photo credit: James Bidlack, University of Oklahoma