Name: Ti’Air Riggins
Hometown: Akron, OH
Bachelor’s Degree (Major & School): The Ohio State University, Biomedical Engineering.
Masters Degree: University of Cincinnati, Biomedical Engineering
Current Program: PhD Student, Biomedical Engineering.
Interview with Ti’Air
- Tell us something about your research project:
Ti”Air: I’m using the antimicrobial agents from essential oils as a protective agent over med device implants to stop an immune response from occurring.
2. What are your favorite activities?
Ti”Air: I’m very passionate about sexual assault awareness and advocacy for fellow survivors.
3. How did you get involved with BGSA?
Ti”Air: I got involved with BGSA just by meeting members from other organizations and coming to the meetings.
4. Finish this sentence, “The world would be a better place if…”
Ti”Air: The world would be a better place if people would learn to empathize with others.
5. What’s one piece of advice you can give to fellow Black graduate students pursuing advanced degrees?
Ti”Air: We are all in this together! Don’t let this institution, or your situations tell you that you are not fit to be here. You have earned a spot here and you will succeed!