To save the WLIN data (or another station, if data are available) and use it with AmaSeis when you are also gathering data from your own station and AS-1 seismograph (L. Braile, updated 3/28/2008):
1. Create a folder within the AmaSeis folder called WLIN.
2. Copy the 2000 through 2008 (or any years) WLIN AS-1 data in the WLIN folder.
3. Copy the WLIN as1.ini file into the WLIN folder.
4. Edit the WLIN as1.ini file using notepad or wordpad to make the following changes
5. Save the as1.ini file (DOS format if asked – MS Word).
6. In your AmaSeis folder, create a shortcut (right click on as1.exe) to the as1.exe file called as1WLIN.exe (edit the file name while in your AmaSeis folder) and put it on the desktop.
7. Right click on the as1WLIN.exe shortcut, select Properties, and edit the “Target” line (under Shortcut tab) to read: C:\AmaSeis\as1.exe WLIN
8. Click “OK”
9. To start AmaSeis and read the WLIN data, double click on the as1WLIN.exe shortcut. This way you will have separate AmaSeis versions and data archives for WLIN data and data from your own seismograph.
Some URLs – unrelated to the information above:
Earthquake rupture animations: http://pasadena.wr.usgs.gov/office/baagaard/research/animations/animations.html
Earthquake machine video, discussion, plans: http://quake.wr.usgs.gov/research/deformation/modeling/eqmodel.html