Franketienne, "Melovili ou le piège", the premonitory story
of 2 people, post-cataclysm, locked in a space with no exit without
knowing what caused their situation...
- A Survivor's Most Eloquent Story,
chapeau bas, Laura.
- Out of Ruin, Haiti's Visionaries, can art save us?
- Learn creole on-line (go to Haiti, if you want my opinion....)
- Beken, a formidable artist.
- Dany Laferrière, Haitian and Canadian novelist
and journalist. Won the Medicis award in 2009 for "L'énigme du
retour". A must read. Although "read" it too restrictive a term in this
"rasin" music. Play every Thursday night at the hotel Oloffson , Port-au-Prince.
Be there or be square. And read "The Comedians" by Graham Greene,
since you're at it.
In pictures: Haiti's art after the quake
- ATD Quart Monde
- Festival Etonnants Voyageurs -- Haiti
Erzulie Danto by Haitian artist André Eugène,
goddess of love, romance, art, jealousy, passion, and sex.