- Seminar : “Acing the interview (Interview Skills)” – Darshini Render (CCO)
- Faculty Seminar : “Stochastically Constrained Simulation Optimization On Integer Lattices: The cgR-SPLINE Algorithm”
- DOW Big Data Challenge
- SAS Case Study Competition
SAS and the Analytics Section of INFORMS are sponsoring a case study competition for the third year in a row. Details of the competition are here. This competition gives students a great chance to try their hand at a real case and demonstrate the broad range of skills that are of particular interest to industry. Past winners have really enjoyed the experience and found it was a certain benefit in their job search.
The deadline is February 17. A discussion board will be open February 1-13 to ask questions of the characters in the case study, which is based on a real-life engagement. The winner gets her/his expenses paid to attend the 2015 Conference on Business Analytics and OR, which will be in Huntington Beach, California, and also gets to participate in the INFORMS Professional Colloquium. Get started on your application now or share with a student who might be interested.
For more details, refer to the blog here
- INFORMS Callout
- Seminar: “Does Time to Build Affect Investment Timing and Capacity Choices?”
- Seminar: “Crowd-Ranking: A Markov-based Method for Ranking Alternatives”
- Seminar: “Optimal Supersaturated Design via Lasso”
- Seminar: “Bilevel Mixed-Integer Nonlinear Programming Problems – A Review”
- Great opportunity for students to interact with professionals!
- Join us on Sept 12, 2014 to sign up for the INFORMS Purdue Chapter.
- Seminar: “OR Software and Computational Resources at Purdue” By Hari Sreekumaran
- INFORMS Ice Cream Social!!!! – We have to reasons to celebrate this Tuesday!!! — Our Chapter 21st anniversary! and we will announce the elected executive board for the academic year 2014-2015!
- INFORMS Hangout!!!! This Friday April 4th….
- “LaTeX: A Powerful Markup Language”, by Jorge Samayoa
- “Career Fairs 101: How to Get your Dream Job” by Nicholas J. Eisenhauer
- INFORMS/HFES Joint Social
- “When is it due? Who do I give it to? Oh…and where are they located?” by Patrick Brunese, Ph.D.
- This week on Thursday, November 14th, we are having an INFORMS Bowling Social at the Union Rack and Roll from 5-7 pm. We have reserved both bowling lanes and pool tables so there should be something fun for everyone! The Purdue INFORMS Student Chapter will cover all costs, but the price of shoes will only be covered on a first come first served basis. If you have not already, please RSVP for the social using the following link: https://purdue.
qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_ 6x3Crmh12zKqFs9Please note that this event is for members only. However, since membership is free this semester, sign up today and join us Thursday!
- Seminar: “Multiclass Dynamic User Equilibrium with a Path Based Cell Transmission Model for General Traffic Networks” by Xianyuan Zhan
- Seminar: ”Define your Business Strategies: The Choice Cascade Model” by Jorge E. Samayoa
- Seminar: “Introduction to Optimization Techniques in Algorithmic Game Theory”, by Harishnan Sreekumaran
- Seminar: “Exploring Disaster Operations Management: Showcasing 2013 Colorado Floods”, by Islam Ali
- Workshop: “Introduction to Data Envelopment Analysis (DEA) and its Applications”, by Moshen Moghaddam
- Jointly with Omega Rho, we present the Workshop: “Math with MS Office” by KiHyung Kim