We are a group of graduate students committed to bringing glory to God by engaging Purdue University in all its ethnic, social, and academic diversity with the gospel of Jesus Christ. We come together for Bible study, prayer, worship and community in order to submit our thoughts, passions, academic pursuits, and lives to God’s Word. We value and pursue spiritual formation, Christian community, integration of faith and learning, and witness and service to the Purdue and Lafayette community.
Our weekly Bible studies that meet at a number of locations around the Purdue University/West Lafayette area form the foundation of our organization. In these groups we meet for in-depth studies that explore how scripture applies to our lives as graduate students.
This summer (2016), we have a number of weekly activities going on for those students in the area:
- Bible Study on Prayer, Wed @ 6pm @ the Union, All Summer, Contact: Jon Gast
- Book Study on C.S. Lewis’s Space Trilogy (first two books), starts May 26, Thursdays @ 7pm, Contact: Anna Freije
- Book Study on “Christian Maturity” by DA Carson, June 6–July 18, Mondays @ 6pm, Please RSVP, Contact: David Blazing
In addition to these weekly studies, we also hold social activities of varying levels of organization every week or so. Check out our calendar for more details on currently planned events and activities.
Throughout all of our events, we are motivated by a deep desire to:
- grow in knowledge of our Savior and His Word
- rejoice in our fellowship as a community
- submit our academic lives to the lordship of Jesus Christ, and
- bear witness of our just and merciful God to a large and diverse campus.
We focus strongly on the integration of faith and academics in our personal lives, seeking to grow in our relationships with Christ, each other, and our colleagues and fellow students. We see graduate school as a calling and a vocation, and treasure the blessing and encouragement found in Christian community.