Death Note Paradox

Re: Death Note Paradox

Postby Neo » Sat Oct 02, 2010 1:09 am

Do you truely believe that nobody would ever figure it out? L is not the only smart man in the world. Sure he was probably the smartest, but he surely wasn't the only one smart nough not to figure it out over time.
Neo

Postby SCPX » Sun Oct 03, 2010 2:50 pm

chapel wrote:First, SCPX, that's if Misa Misa and Light had children. I'm partly sure that with age Misa Misa would have matured as most people do and if Light told her to act mature she probably would faster.

You're talking anime, where adults can pull up entire vending machines and throw them at each other. Misa may mature, but I doubt she would have matured that much. (especially since she only had ten to fifteen years left to live.)
Either way, I suspect we're looking too deep into it. Light believed himself to become a God with the death note. I have high suspicions that he would have no intent to pass down the death note, as much as he intends to figure out how to become immortal instead.
SCPX

Postby chapel » Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:32 pm

While yes, we are talking anime, I have been trying to keep my thinking along the lines of a single "universe" so to speak. The "real world" that Death Note takes place in is not one of super human bartenders. We have to assume that the people would act like normal everyday human beings. Even though misa wouldnt have had much longer to live ( i know she forgave half of her life but does it specify exactly how long she does live?) you have to believe that if something were to happen between light and misa it would have had to happen normally.

You do bring up a good point about Light believing himself to be a "god" and may never give up the death note but if that does happen ryuk would have just dropped it again in another location to let the process begin again.
The reason why people lose is because they do not have Kamina to punch them in the face and tell them to believe in themselves.
chapel
One True Former A/V Tech of the Sixth Heaven and the Keeper of Royal Information

Postby SCPX » Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:10 pm

chapel wrote:While yes, we are talking anime, I have been trying to keep my thinking along the lines of a single "universe" so to speak. The "real world" that Death Note takes place in is not one of super human bartenders. We have to assume that the people would act like normal everyday human beings. Even though misa wouldnt have had much longer to live ( i know she forgave half of her life but does it specify exactly how long she does live?) you have to believe that if something were to happen between light and misa it would have had to happen normally.

You do bring up a good point about Light believing himself to be a "god" and may never give up the death note but if that does happen ryuk would have just dropped it again in another location to let the process begin again.

Misa has only a quarter of her life left. If she was so lucky as to be destined to live to a hundred, she'd only live to 25 now. On top of that, she's already 18 or 19, I think. I am fairly certain she would have died before having children, or even if she did have children, they would grow up mostly alone after her death. (Light doesn't strike me as the family kind of guy.) Although, I suspect Light would have no problem taking another woman for his wife, with little care to the woman's needs or wants.

Ryuk would drop it if Light died, but I'm guessing that, if Light had survived, he would have started trying to figure out how to kill Ryuk and take his "god-hood". Just a speculation though.
SCPX

Postby Neo » Sun Oct 10, 2010 5:30 pm

Now if not mistaken, I do believe that at the end of the series it was hinted hard that Misa killed herself after Lights death. Also, (not really important) I actually CAN see light as a family man, BUT I can only see it if he was without the Deathote.
Neo

Postby SCPX » Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:37 pm

Neo wrote:Now if not mistaken, I do believe that at the end of the series it was hinted hard that Misa killed herself after Lights death. Also, (not really important) I actually CAN see light as a family man, BUT I can only see it if he was without the Deathote.

That's definitely true. He seemed normal all the way up to that point, and probably would have been a great family man. (Although he strikes me as a would-be workaholic)
Interesting thing is, in the anime, there are implications of Misa committing suicide. (Which makes sense considering how little life she had left from the Death Note.) However, in the manga, the implications is that Misa continues on to create a cult in worship of Light. (At least, I think it was Light.) A very interesting difference, but I think I prefer the anime's ending...
SCPX

Previous

Return to Anime