I need a new anime series!!!!

I need a new anime series!!!!

Postby angonnoma » Thu Oct 13, 2011 1:17 am

First I apologize for my grammar and spelling.

I am currently watching
Toriko, Naruto shippudden, One Piece, Fairy tail, Nurarihyon no Mago Sennen Makyo, The New Hunter X Hunter, Shinryaku! Ika Musume Season 2, and c^3

I have finished, some I have seen multiply times
Darker then black, all of dragon ball(z), hunter x hunter, trigun, cowboy bebop, scryed, claymore, record of lodoss war, full metal panic, gurren lagen, full metal alchemist brotherhood, code geas, yu yu hakusho, blood plus, hellsing, flcl, xxxholic, outlaw star, tales from earthsea, howls moving castle, a no exorcist, dead man wonderland, love hina, gantz, that's all i can rember right now.

Ones I started but lost interest
Death note(read the manga), samuria champoo, beserk, .hack, blue dragon, pokemon, yugioh, soul eater, bleach up till when it should have ended, D.gray man, high school of the dead, beelzbud, inuyasha, ruriono kenshen, black butler, salior moon, gintama, durarara, fate/stay night, eureka 7, eyeshield 21, shaman king, wolf's rain, rave master, a couple of the gundams, trinity blood, gungrave, blade of the immortal, ghost hunt, big o, witch hunter robin, [c] money and soul of posiblity, black cat, adventures of link, devil may cry, dragon drive, and reborn, No 6.
"No, I would not want to live in a world without dragons, as I would not want to live in a world without magic, for that is a world without mystery, and that is a world without faith."
angonnoma

Re: I need a new anime series!!!!

Postby madmantheo » Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:57 am

Judging by some of the series you listed, it sounds like Vandread might be up your alley. Its a mecha-harem-comedy series with some good sci-fi elements mixed in. Worth a look.

Black Lagoon gets a solid recommend. Lots of gunfights and well-choreographed action scenes.

If you wanna go older, there's also Flame of Recca, a shounen fighting series that's pretty similar to Yu Yu Hakusho. Has some pretty cool fights in it, complete with an old-school fighting tournament arc that kicks some serious ass.

Since you have some fantasy shows in there, another series I'll recommend is Slayers. Medieval fantasy mixed with a healthy dose of comedy, but the storylines in it when the plot actually kicks in are rather good. 5 seasons and several OVAs and movies, so it'd give you plenty to watch should you choose to check out each season. Unlike long running titles like Naruto and Bleach, the ends of each series make for solid conclusions in their own right, so you can cut off whenever and still have a pretty satisfying ending.

There's a few ideas.
That's twice! Not even my father ever hit me!
madmantheo
Esteemed Former President of Glorious Japanimation (Grover Cleveland remix) PAC Classic Fuhrer

Postby chapel » Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:34 am

Series I would recommend:
Hajime no Ippo: honestly this is a great show, about sports (oh no) that has great action scenes and teaches boxing at an interesting pace.
Black Lagoon gets another bump from me it is a great action anime.

I may not be sure but Angel Beats! is a great show to watch. Story, Action, Girls Dead Monster, and one of the best endings to an anime I have seen in a while.

Baccano! and Durarara! are great shows if you enjoy a story filled suspense thriller.
The reason why people lose is because they do not have Kamina to punch them in the face and tell them to believe in themselves.
chapel
One True Former A/V Tech of the Sixth Heaven and the Keeper of Royal Information

Postby Catas » Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:27 pm

If you like Ika, I suggest you watch Working.
Catas
Eiserne Jungfrau

Postby Jingle Scott » Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:52 pm

When I become ruler of this world I will force all to watch Cross Game and Touch in their entirety. Those who resist shall suffer horrifying executions. It is my suggestion that you get a head start and watch them in advance.
You're the first man to touch my curveball. - Uesugi Tatsuya

Char doesn't have 4 places on this list, clearly it is not only faulty, but not certified by the Japanese. - a poster on Japanator
Jingle Scott
Co-Conspirator for the Showing of Japanimation with Large Episode Counts

Return to Anime