Live Action Akira

Live Action Akira

Postby chapel » Thu Oct 20, 2011 5:04 pm

Yeah so, since we dont have a live action section and since its based off an anime movie and manga.....

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/20 ... -green-lit

as the link says, they green lit the live action akira, which is going to be set in "New Manhattan". I mean really? They have to americanize it? Why can't it be set in Neo-Tokyo like its supposed to be?
The reason why people lose is because they do not have Kamina to punch them in the face and tell them to believe in themselves.
chapel
One True Former A/V Tech of the Sixth Heaven and the Keeper of Royal Information

Re: Live Action Akira

Postby Jingle Scott » Thu Oct 20, 2011 5:41 pm

stop spreading your lies
You're the first man to touch my curveball. - Uesugi Tatsuya

Char doesn't have 4 places on this list, clearly it is not only faulty, but not certified by the Japanese. - a poster on Japanator
Jingle Scott
Co-Conspirator for the Showing of Japanimation with Large Episode Counts

Postby Catas » Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:39 pm

As long as Keanu Reeves does Kaneda.
Catas
Eiserne Jungfrau

Postby madmantheo » Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:03 am

You don't understand Chapel. Americans can't relate to anything unless its set in New York and somehow brings up images that suggest 9/11. And all the characters have to be played by pretty boys like Robert Pattinson and Justin Timberlake to have anybody be able to understand what the characters are going through. And of course it'll have to be PG-13, that way anything controversial or deep can be wrung out of it to produce a perfectly bland movie that nobody is going to actually enjoy.

At least the Old Boy remake starring Will Smith is still dead.
That's twice! Not even my father ever hit me!
madmantheo
Esteemed Former President of Glorious Japanimation (Grover Cleveland remix) PAC Classic Fuhrer

Return to Anime