New manga thread.

New manga thread.

Postby rhayex » Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:43 am

The other one is four years old, plus the last post was two years ago. Hopefully this will spark some form of life here...

I can't explain for shit, so I apologize for my descriptions. You can look them up on batoto.net if you're interested.

I'm currently reading Koe no Katachi, which is one I'd highly recommend to anyone who's interested in drama/romance. There are some deeper themes immediately addressed in it than I've seen in most other series. Description: A one-shot about a grade school class that accepts a girl with impaired hearing. Everything is not as happy as it seems. Although this one-shot won the 80th Weekly Shounen Magazine Newbie Best Mangaka Award, the vector of the content made it difficult for publication on any manga magazine, until it was picked up, after months of legal dispute, by the February edition of Bessatsu Shounen Magazine, where it got first place despite its being a one-shot. This one-shot was recently publicized again on the 12th issue of the 2013 Weekly Shounen Magazine and serialized on the 36th-37th double issue of the same year.

Another is Wagatsuma-san wa ore no Yome, which involves time slips, romance, and different hijinks. Description: Aoshima is a second year student in high school, who wishes he had a girlfriend. One day he wakes up for an unknown reason 10 years in the future, and he is married to the prettiest girl in school, Wagatsuma Ai! How has their relationship grown from mere acquaintances to husband and wife!?

Let's end with Ore ga Heroine o Tasukesugite Sekai ga Little Mokushiroku!?, which is: Namidare Rekka has a very unusual birthright. After his 16th birthday, he will be drawn into many different stories. Each story has a heroine, and each story depends on him to be the hero. On his first day of high school, a strange uniformed girl that only he can see shows up. She claims to be from the future, and claims that his rescuing of many heroines is going to cause serious trouble for the future.

It's not long after this encounter that his troubles begin. His childhood friend Satsuki invites him somewhere, possibly to confess her feelings for him. However, before she can, she's kidnapped! Rekka wants desperately to help her, but he finds himself being tossed into various sci-fi and fantasy worlds, each with their own heroines in trouble. Will he be able to get back to Satsuki? Will he be able to save all the others? How can he really tell the consequences of his well-meaning actions?

There are various other ones out there such as TWGOK, Akame ga Kill, Kanojo ga flag wo Oraretara, etc., but I'll refrain from posting them until I know that someone is reading this.
rhayex

Re: New manga thread.

Postby rhayex » Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:46 am

Y'know what, I should just post my follows on batoto. Here you go.

+C: sword and cornett 07-Ghost 1/2 Prince 51 Ways to Protect My Girlfriend A-Channel AGAPE
Aflame Inferno Ai-Ren Aimane - Akuma na Kanojo o Produce Aiyoku no Eustia Akame ga KILL! Aku no Hana Akumetsu Aletheia All Around Type-Moon - Ahnenerbe no Nichijou Alyosha! Amari Mawari Angel Beats! - Heaven's Door Angel Beats! - Heaven's Door Anti-Magic Academy “The 35th Test Platoon” Antidote Apocalypse no Toride Arachnid Arata Kangatari Assassination Classroom Automata BLOODY MAIDEN ~Toomarimiki no Shima~Banquet BoxBeatless - DystopiaBeelzebubBeelzebubBig OrderBinbougami ga!Black BulletBlack BulletBlack GodBlack WindBlood LadBoku to Kanojo no Koi RokuBoku to Majo no JikanBokura no KisekiBreak BladeBright World Project (AOKI Aki)Btooom!Btooom!CCage of EdenCat's EyeCavalier of the AbyssCavalier of the AbyssCentaur's WorriesChikyuu KanrininChiro Star ProjectChoku!Chronos - DEEPCity HunterCity of the Dead SorcererClaymoreComic StudioCorpse Party - Blood CoveredCorseltel no RyuujitsushiCountroubleCrepusculeCrepusculeCromartie High SchoolCu-Cu-Cute!Cyclops Shoujo Saipu~CØDE:BREAKERDD-FRAG!DARKER THAN BLACK -Shikkoku no Hana-Daisuki desu!! Mahou Tenshi CosmosDakara Boku wa, H ga DekinaiDate A LiveDate A OrigamiDate AST LikeDatenshi Gakuen DebiparaThe Demon Queen Weight Loss PlanDenpa KyoushiDenpa KyoushiDensha Otoko - Ganbare Doku Otoko!Densha Otoko - Net Hatsu, Kakueki Teisha no Love StoryThe Devil King is BoredDimension WDousei RecipeDracu-Riot!Dracu-Riot!Dragon FistDragon's Son ChangsikDragons RiotingEEArThElfen LiedErotic Fairy Tales - The Little MermaidFFairy TailFantasy World SurvivalFate/ExtraFetish BerryFlip FlapThe Flow: StreamFlying WitchFortune ArterialFreezingFreezingFreezing - ZeroFront Mission - Dog Life & Dog StyleFujimura-kun MatesGGa-reiGa-reiGakuto no VectorGamerz HeavenGate - Thus the JSDF Fought There!Getsurin ni Kiri SakuGintamaGirls BravoGirls of the Wild'sGlass MaskThe God of High SchoolGodland CompanyGokukoku no BrynhildrGou-dere Bishoujo Nagihara SoraGuardian HeartsGun x CloverGuren no ArmaHHadi GirlHallelujah Overdrive!Hana no Miyako!Happy World!HaruwakaHataraku Maousama!Hataraku Maousama!Hataraku Maousama! High School!Hataraku Maousama! High School!Hayate no Gotoku!Heroine ShikkakuHe~nshin!! - Sonata Birdie RushHigh-School DxD: Aashia & Koneko Himitsu no Keiyaku!?HinamatsuriHirunaka no RyuuseiHungry JokerIIchiban Ushiro no DaimaouIkoku Meiro no CroiséeImmortal RegisImouto LoveRuInaba RabbitsInfinite Stratos - Sugar & HoneyIris ZeroIris ZeroIt's Not My Fault That I'm Not Popular!It's Not My Fault That My Friend's Not Popular.Itsuwaribito UtsuhoKK-ON! Anthology ComicKaitai Shinsho ØKami-sama no Iutoori (FUJIMURA Akeji)Kanojo ga Flag wo OraretaraKikou Shoujo wa KizutsukanaiKill AniKimi no Iru MachiKimi wa Midara na Boku no JoouKitsune no YomeiriKore wa Zombie desu ka?KuberaKuberaKunoichi Gakuen Ninpouchou - YogakureKurogane (IKEZAWA Haruto)Kurogane (IKEZAWA Haruto)Kurogane HimeKuso Manga BukuroKuzu no HonkaiKyuuketsuhimeKämpferLLasboss x HeroThe Legend of MaianLegend of the Sun KnightLet's LagoonLife Is MoneyLike a BirdLove TheoryMMaga-TsukiMaga-TsukiMagetsukan KitanMahou Gyoushounin RomaMahou SensouMahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha & Madoka★Magica - Mado Nano CROSSOVER (Doujinshi)Malicious CodeMaou - Juvenile RemixMaousama no Yuusha ToubatsukiMaoyuu 4-koma - You're Horrible, Maou-sama!Maoyuu Maou Yuusha - "Be Mine, Hero!" "I Refuse!"Maoyuu Maou Yuusha Gaiden - Madoromi no Onna Mahou TsukaiMedaka BoxMeguraian no KimiMel KanoMelty Blood XMercenary PierreMieru HitoMinamoto-kun MonogatariMirai Nikki MosaicMudazumo Naki KaikakuMushi to Medama to Teddy BearMysterious Girlfriend XNNanka Kanojo ni Inumimi to Shippo Ga Haetan Daga Ore wa Dousurebaii?Needless 0Nejimaki KagyuNoblesseNoblesseNonononoNukoduke!OOchitekita Ryuuou to Horobiyuku Majo no KuchiOkashina★FutariOmae o Otaku ni Shiteyaru kara, Ore o Riajuu ni Shitekure!Omae o Otaku ni Shiteyaru kara, Ore o Riajuu ni Shitekure!Omamori HimariOnihime VSOniichan ControlOre ga Heroine o Tasukesugite Sekai ga Little Mokushiroku!?Ore no Kanojo to Osananajimi ga Shuraba SugiruOre no Kanojo to Osananajimi ga Shuraba Sugiru 4-KomaOre to Ichino no Game Doukoukai Katsudou NisshiOtogi MatsuriOtoko o Misete yo Kurata-kun!Ousama Game (RENDA Hitori)Over SteamPPandora HeartsPersona 3Petit Petit Tantan Petit TantanPhase 20Pika☆IchiPopcorn AvatarPrison SchoolProject Doll PhonePrunus GirlPsyrenPumpkin ScissorsRRAINBOWRabuyanRatmanRe:BIRTH - The Lunatic TakerRenai BoukunRising x RydeenRulia-nya!!SSai:Taker - Futari no ArtemisSankareaScarlet CrossSeirei Tsukai no KenbuSekai no HateSekainohate de AimashouSekireiSemete, Ano Yuki no You niSenjou no Valkyria 2 - Soukou no AliasseSeven OceanSexless FriendSexual Hunter RiotShaman King FlowersShe's GonShiinake no HitobitoShingeki! Kyojin ChuugakkouShinigami AliceShinmai Fukei Kiruko-sanShishunki no Iron MaidenShitsurakuenSiestaSora no OtoshimonoSora no OtoshimonoSora no Otoshimono PicoSora no Otoshimono PicoSoul CartelSteins;Gate - Aishin Meizu no BabelSun-ken RockSuper Sadistic SistersSword Art Online - ProgressiveTTail StarTe to Tetry On!To Aru Kagaku no RailgunTo Aru Majutsu no Index - The Miracle of EndymionTo Aru Majutsu no Index X To Aru Kagaku no Railgun 4Koma AnthologyTo Love-Ru DarknessTokyo Girls DestructionTonari no Kashiwagi-sanTonnura-sanTower of GodTransfer Student Storm BringerTrinity SevenTsuki Tsuki!Twinkle Crusaders Go Go!UUmineko no Naku Koro ni Episode 1: Legend of the Golden WitchUnbalance X UnbalanceUnbalance X UnbalanceUsotsuki Mi-kun to Kowareta Ma-chan Totteoki no UsoVValkyrie Profile 2 - SilmeriaThe Vampire and the Bachelor Next DoorVermillionWWagatsuma-san wa Ore no YomeWake Up DeadmanWatashi ga Motete DousundaWatashi no Messiah-samaWild PitchWitch Craft WorksWitch Craft WorksWitch HunterWitch ShopWorld EmbryoThe World God Only KnowsWrestle! The Under GroundYYamada and the Seven WitchesYamada and the Seven WitchesYankano!Yankee-kun and Megane-chanYellow Gate!YurekaYuri Mekuru HibiYuruYuriYuusha ni Narenakatta Ore wa Shibushibu Shuushoku o Ketsuishimashita.ZZettai ReiikiZonbicchi wa Bicchi ni Fukumaremasu ka?LlessaXxxxHOLiC Rei#Übel BlattÜbel Blatt
rhayex

Postby SCPX » Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:00 am

Wow, and I thought I read a lot of manga. While I've got a lot on my belt, I've been trying to stick to finished series, or series that don't update that regularly.
I see that you have Tower of God on there. (One of my current favorites) Are there any in particular that you'd recommend more so than others?
SCPX

Postby rhayex » Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:50 pm

Yeah, I spent about five minutes spacing out that list then realized it was a futile effort. The copy paste took away the commas from in between the manga list.
rhayex

Postby rhayex » Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:37 pm

Gate- Thus the JSDF Fought There is a really good one as well. One day in the 21st century, a gate opened in the middle of the Ginza district of Tokyo. Out of the gate poured soldiers and strange creatures, and they soon made Ginza look like an image of hell. The gate apparently connected Japan to another world, a world with a militant empire and many supernatural creatures. The Japanese Self-Defense Force decided to send a small group, led by a soldier who's also an otaku, into the other world on a reconnaissance mission. They're meant to learn what they can about the empire (and its plans), the world, and the people.

They're hardly in the world yet, though, when they come across a village destroyed by a giant fire-breathing dragon. The only survivor is an unconscious elven girl they find hidden in a well. Now they feel like they must warn the nearby towns about the dragon, and do what they can to help. On the way, they'll meet more magical, female companions, and learn more about this dangerous new world.
rhayex

Return to Manga