Colossalcon 2015

Re: Colossalcon 2015

Postby ThundrNeon » Sat May 30, 2015 2:53 am

This is Chuck. My roommate is driving and we have space for 2 more comfortably. (3 uncomfortably) We're willing to leave late or early.
Inherited Will.
The Destiny of the Age, and the Dreams of the People.
These are things that will not be stopped.
As long as people continue to pursue the meaning of Freedom,
These things will never cease to be!
ThundrNeon

Postby thebobwaffles » Sat May 30, 2015 9:23 pm

Andrew Green here. I work till 4 thursday, but I do have a car if no one else driving wants to leave that late. I'd prefer not having to drive though.
generic placeholder signature?
thebobwaffles

Postby madmantheo » Sun May 31, 2015 10:32 am

We're at the point where I'm needing email addresses from people planning on going so that I can put drivers in contact with their passengers when I have all that sorted out. The best ways to get that info to me would be to either post it in this thread, contact me via FB, or email it to me at feifongwong16@gmail.com.
That's twice! Not even my father ever hit me!
madmantheo
Esteemed Former President of Glorious Japanimation (Grover Cleveland remix) PAC Classic Fuhrer

Postby madmantheo » Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:52 am

I should have driving assignments up later today, and I'll be giving emails of passengers to their drivers in order for them to get in touch with each other. I'm holding off for the moment because I still haven't heard anything back from Emma, and I'm also waiting on confirmation from Tora as to whether she'll be coming or not.
madmantheo
Esteemed Former President of Glorious Japanimation (Grover Cleveland remix) PAC Classic Fuhrer

Postby Lecdragon » Tue Jun 02, 2015 7:16 pm

I sent you an email. Sorry

Angela, Emma's sister
Lecdragon

Postby madmantheo » Tue Jun 02, 2015 7:33 pm

Sorry for the delay, but driving arrangements are ready. Here's the plan for our trek to Sandusky.

Early Group

Proctor: Andrew Geneczko, Pat, Lisa
Chuck: Roomie, Ian
Chapel: Caitlin, Leinelle
Quinton: Chris, Ryan

Afternoon Car
Andrew Green: Catherine

Out-of-Town Car
Emma & Angela

Drivers should get in contact with their passengers here shortly via email, text, FB, or whatever means. The general plan for the morning crew is to meet up over at my place and try to get our convoy rolling around 9:30am or shortly thereafter. People may feel free to park cars at my complex for the duration of the trip, or you could be picked up by your drivers beforehand and brought over. After leaving, we'll plan to have lunch at the Big Boy in Defiance, Ohio, and we should be arriving at the Kalahari around 3pm.

Upper limit for hotel cost should be about $60, but I'll calculate each person's share when we get the final total. After we get badges and such, we'll also figure out a battle plan for meals that weekend, swing by the nearby Walmart to grab groceries, and then get started enjoying the con. Chuck has already volunteered to do most of the cooking on Friday since he's hobbled until Saturday, and Andrew and he should be whipping up some tasty curry for people that evening.

As a piece of advice, it might be a good idea for people to bring pillows, blankets, and/or sleeping bags since a number of people will be sleeping on the floor. We do have a King and three Queens, but we have more people than those beds could really handle. Drivers and the disabled will have priority on beds, but we can try to rotate spots for people as well if they'd like.

Anyways! Colossalcon is nigh, and it shall be GLORIOUS ! If you have any questions, let me know and I'll try to take care of things.
madmantheo

Postby madmantheo » Tue Jun 02, 2015 9:02 pm

Barring any last minute additions or subtractions, we should have 22 people staying in our room.

Latest estimation for hotel cost is at $52/person.
madmantheo

Previous

Return to Anime Conventions