Ohayocon 2011

Re: Ohayocon 2011

Postby SCPX » Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:57 am

Wait, are you meaning 10am on Saturday? What about those of us ready on Friday? Are we needing to plan to wait until Saturday morn to leave?
SCPX

Postby chapel » Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:13 am

SCPX wrote:Wait, are you meaning 10am on Saturday? What about those of us ready on Friday? Are we needing to plan to wait until Saturday morn to leave?

No. After the main bulk of people leave at 6 am, Our president is sticking around until about 930-10 to leave on friday. As it looks currently after he leaves at that time there are no other people capable of driving since most of our drivers are running panels and need to be there early. If you can talk someone into leaving saturday morning please try, but I doubt youll find someone since I cannot.
The reason why people lose is because they do not have Kamina to punch them in the face and tell them to believe in themselves.
chapel
One True Former A/V Tech of the Sixth Heaven and the Keeper of Royal Information

Postby Rknorr » Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:10 am

Wow. Out of all the people we have going, No one is leaving past 10am on Friday? That's not good. I don't have any other way to get to the con and I can't leave campus until 3:30 at the earliest.
Rknorr

Postby BunnyBoo » Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:07 pm

I have an idea for those of you without rides. They typically always have this option for cons.
http://forums.ohayocon.org/
Register for an account on the forum. As you can see at the bottom there is a board called 'Ride Board'.
Go on there and post that you need a ride and hope for the best.
Yes, I do love cosplay.
Credit to The Enthusiasts for my picture.
BunnyBoo

Postby SCPX » Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:25 pm

chapel wrote:
SCPX wrote:Wait, are you meaning 10am on Saturday? What about those of us ready on Friday? Are we needing to plan to wait until Saturday morn to leave?

No. After the main bulk of people leave at 6 am, Our president is sticking around until about 930-10 to leave on friday. As it looks currently after he leaves at that time there are no other people capable of driving since most of our drivers are running panels and need to be there early. If you can talk someone into leaving saturday morning please try, but I doubt youll find someone since I cannot.

I am alright with leaving at about 10 on Friday, if that's 10 in the evening.
SCPX

Postby BunnyBoo » Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:40 pm

It's am, not pm, sadly.
Yes, I do love cosplay.
BunnyBoo

Postby chapel » Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:32 pm

We just do not have the drivers sadly. There are 2 people who "can" stay late to drive people. Rei is one and Jon is one. I however cannot ask these people to stay behind. Leaving Lafayette at 6 pm means you get to the con at 10 effectively missing the first day. Are labs the only reason people cant leave? last time I had a lab class I was allowed to miss 1....
The reason why people lose is because they do not have Kamina to punch them in the face and tell them to believe in themselves.
chapel
One True Former A/V Tech of the Sixth Heaven and the Keeper of Royal Information

Postby BunnyBoo » Sun Jan 23, 2011 5:06 pm

I can leave after 11:30am. I can't leave earlier because I have a project due and a critique that I have to give.
Yes, I do love cosplay.
BunnyBoo

Postby Jingle Scott » Sun Jan 23, 2011 7:52 pm

The situation kinda sucks and I hate to be the one to say it, but those leaving after 10am on friday are gonna have to choose. Do they want to succeed in school or go to an anime convention. For those that choose school I commend you for the decision. School is very important for your future, but you are gonna have to make sacrifices to attain your degree. This may be one of those sacrifices, you not going to Ohayocon.
You're the first man to touch my curveball. - Uesugi Tatsuya

Char doesn't have 4 places on this list, clearly it is not only faulty, but not certified by the Japanese. - a poster on Japanator
Jingle Scott
Co-Conspirator for the Showing of Japanimation with Large Episode Counts

Postby Rknorr » Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:24 pm

If I have to stay behind, so be it. Sadly I can't skip these labs for I have a project to turn in at one of them, and I will be receiving a project in another. If no one is able to leave after 3:30pm on Friday, then I guess sadly I will not be able to go. Its a shame, but one of the facts of life. I will not hold anyone in content for it, its life. I'll just drown my sorrows in Dead Space 2. XD
Rknorr

PreviousNext

Return to Anime Conventions