Colossalcon 2011: June 2-5

Colossalcon 2011: June 2-5

Postby madmantheo » Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:11 am

Ohayocon has come and gone, but that doesn't mean we're done getting our anime on in Ohio. The last few years, several of us have attended Colossalcon in Sandusky, and we're getting together another group to go this summer.

The convention runs from Thursday June 2 through Sunday June 5. We will be heading there Thursday during the day (Sandusky is a 5 hour drive) and staying for the entire weekend. Registration hasn't opened up yet, but assuming prices haven't changed, pre-reg is $35 and at-door is $40. Hotel prices will depend on how many people attend, but based off of the confirmed numbers now, it should be no higher than $60 for the weekend. An additional perk is that the hotel also has a large indoor waterpark, and hotel rooms come with 4 free passes to the park.

The website for the con is http://www.colossalcon.com/ if you want additional information. Should you be interested in attending, post here or speak with me at either regular meetings or PAC Classic. We're looking to reserve the room/s in the next week or two.

Hopefully we can have another great convention trip.
That's twice! Not even my father ever hit me!
madmantheo
Esteemed Former President of Glorious Japanimation (Grover Cleveland remix) PAC Classic Fuhrer

Re: Colossalcon 2011: June 2-5

Postby SCPX » Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:54 pm

It's in June? Curses! I had hoped a March or April con instead. June will be more difficult for me to attend...
SCPX

Postby chapel » Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:39 pm

Should we make forum posts about our panels and maybe ask for input as well? Both here and on the colossalcon forums, I mean.
The reason why people lose is because they do not have Kamina to punch them in the face and tell them to believe in themselves.
chapel
One True Former A/V Tech of the Sixth Heaven and the Keeper of Royal Information

Postby SCPX » Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:49 pm

I don't know how much I can help you with them, but if you want to post them, I can at least provide my opinion.
SCPX

Postby chapel » Sun Mar 06, 2011 1:42 pm

Pre Registration is now open for colossalcon here:

http://colossalcon.com/index.php?nav1=a ... &nav2=home
The reason why people lose is because they do not have Kamina to punch them in the face and tell them to believe in themselves.
chapel
One True Former A/V Tech of the Sixth Heaven and the Keeper of Royal Information

Postby chapel » Thu Apr 21, 2011 7:27 pm

Complete List of People Attending:

From Lafayette:
Proctor
Andrew
Elizabeth
Patrick
Ian
Chapel
Chris
Sam
Rei
Ben

From Virginia:
Leigha
Wes

From Chicago:
Avram
chapel

Postby SCPX » Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:52 am

Could someone list the panels that need help with as well?
SCPX

Postby chapel » Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:51 pm

List of all panels can be found

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n221 ... panels.jpg

We have an overlap with the weiss schwarz panel and the adachi panel but I think we will be fine.
chapel

Postby SCPX » Fri May 27, 2011 1:25 am

Just a reminder: if there's anyone in, or near, the Chicago/Northwest Indiana area, and are needing a ride, I can drive people to Colossalcon. Please contact me if interested.
SCPX

Return to Anime Conventions