Ohayocon 2012

Re: Ohayocon 2012

Postby SCPX » Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:05 pm

I will probably go, if I can, but I'm still trying to figure out plans right now.
SCPX

Postby ThundrNeon » Fri Oct 07, 2011 2:54 pm

I will go. I'll take that Friday off paid vacation. I have a 2006 Scion Xa http://trialx.com/curetalk/wp-content/blogs.dir/7/files/2011/06/cars/2006_Scion_Xa-2.jpg . 35+ MPG Highway and comfortable seating for myself and 3 others. Also if seating or space becomes a problem I can most likely borrow a parent's Saturn Vue (5 seater SUV).

ThundrNeon = Chuck
Last edited by ThundrNeon on Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Inherited Will.
The Destiny of the Age, and the Dreams of the People.
These are things that will not be stopped.
As long as people continue to pursue the meaning of Freedom,
These things will never cease to be!
ThundrNeon

Postby LordOfKirsch » Sat Oct 15, 2011 4:37 pm

Due to ACEN's bad timing, I definitely want to go to another, nice & big anime convention!
My only concern is how my Friday's will lay out, as I have no car... how early do you guys usually leave? This semester, my Chem Lab's not even done until nearly 6, and no guarantees what it'll do for next semester.

Also, where do we go/who do we see for rooming? Are we going to be in the Hyatt, or someplace nearby? Pricing for such?
But, as long as you guys don't leave too early, I'd love to go.
LordOfKirsch

Postby angonnoma » Sat Oct 15, 2011 4:39 pm

I wish to participate in this, also i have a friend back home who might come up for ohayocon
"No, I would not want to live in a world without dragons, as I would not want to live in a world without magic, for that is a world without mystery, and that is a world without faith."
angonnoma

Postby chapel » Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:17 pm

LordOfKirsch wrote:how early do you guys usually leave?

Depending on the number of people who go and the number of drivers we can have anywhere from 2 to 3 cars going. Normally we have an early car that leaves at about 5-6am, a 2-3pm car and a late car that leaves around 5-6pm.

LordOfKirsch wrote:Also, where do we go/who do we see for rooming? Are we going to be in the Hyatt, or someplace nearby? Pricing for such?

You just post you are sure you are going in this thread! We will either be staying at the Hyatt itself or in a hotel, like last year, that had a shuttle running nonstop to and from the convention center. Pricing for the weekend depends purely on the number of people going but tends to ballpark around 50 dollars for the weekend. Additional information can be found out by talking to either Proctor or myself.(but mostly proctor)

angonnoma wrote:also i have a friend back home who might come up for ohayocon

Well, just hammer out the details with them (ride, nights staying with us, payment options) and we would be happy to have them. I just say to get all the details before hand so we can decide on the number of hotel rooms to get.
The reason why people lose is because they do not have Kamina to punch them in the face and tell them to believe in themselves.
chapel
One True Former A/V Tech of the Sixth Heaven and the Keeper of Royal Information

Postby BlackOptx » Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:59 am

Myself and 3 friends would be up for going to Ohayocon.... i might have 2 other people wanting to come... though i will know later this weekend.
Also i've never done this before... we need to pay for hotel room fees right?
BlackOptx

Postby madmantheo » Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:14 am

Alright, hotel rooms have been booked. Unfortunately, the con hotel was filled up rather quickly, but we have 2 rooms at the Marriott a block down the road from the convention center. Room rates are $139/night plus whatever taxes are added on. As we figure out who all is going, we can come up with a price for each individual person.

Also, I will look into doing a group pre-reg for those interested in getting badges now at a discounted price. Price for group pre-reg should be $40 (as opposed to $45 for single pre-reg now, $50 after Nov. 1, and $55 at door), so if you're interested, be sure to show up to this week's regular meeting (Oct. 27) and bring the money to cover your badge. I will order the badges the next day. If you cannot make it Thursday evening, email me at feifongwong16@gmail.com, and we can see about arranging something. It sounds like we have at least 10 people who are interested, so getting the numbers shouldn't be a problem.
That's twice! Not even my father ever hit me!
madmantheo
Esteemed Former President of Glorious Japanimation (Grover Cleveland remix) PAC Classic Fuhrer

Postby madmantheo » Fri Oct 28, 2011 2:57 am

Those still hoping to get in on a group discount for pre-reg need to let me know as soon as possible. I will be submitting info for our badges this Sunday. The form requires first and last name, email address, and a mailing address. Send that info to me at the email in the above post, and I can include you on the list.

Even if you don't pre-reg with us, you are of course still free to come with us to the con; this is simply a means to reduce the cost for those interested.
That's twice! Not even my father ever hit me!
madmantheo
Esteemed Former President of Glorious Japanimation (Grover Cleveland remix) PAC Classic Fuhrer

Postby BlackOptx » Sun Oct 30, 2011 5:26 pm

My 3 friends and I will be needing rides and are gonna try to stay with you guys
BlackOptx

Postby MomoKurumi » Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:11 am

ThundrNeon wrote:I will go. I'll take that Friday off paid vacation. I have a 2006 Scion Xa http://trialx.com/curetalk/wp-content/blogs.dir/7/files/2011/06/cars/2006_Scion_Xa-2.jpg . 35+ MPG Highway and comfortable seating for myself and 3 others. Also if seating or space becomes a problem I can most likely borrow a parent's Saturn Vue (5 seater SUV).

ThundrNeon = Chuck

I would go with the SUV. XD As small as xA's are... I literally filled my entire car going to RamenCon, and I was driving by myself! As a female cosplayer who needs a lot of things (cosmetics, shoes, props, etc.), luggage can take up more space than I expected. I too will be driving, however, I've already got two people coming with, so I'm full as it is, or else no room for luggage! Unless you're lucky and you get a bunch of low-maintenance people who can survive off a small backpack or suitcase, then, yeah, xA's have nice mileage! It used to cost me $20 or so to fill up, now it's closer to $40. =(

Oh yeah, another thing! It's an obvious fact that you should pay for your badges and hotel, but don't forget to chip in for gas too! You can do this by bringing/buying food for the driver (or whoever it is that has to refuel), or by just giving them $10 or so so they can gas up. After all, they're doing you a favor, so not only are you showing appreciation, you're splitting the costs, which makes it easier on everyone. =P
ImageImageImageImageImage
In Progress:
ImageImageImage
MomoKurumi

PreviousNext

Return to Anime Conventions