Ohayocon 2012

Re: Ohayocon 2012

Postby madmantheo » Sat Jan 21, 2012 4:41 pm

@Rei- I was thinking we would leave sometime in the 6am-7am area.

@Sahvanna- Swapped her into Ben's van. I don't know the specific times that Sam and Ben will be leaving, but they'll both be after 5 or 5:30ish. Should be approximately the same time. We already have rooms, though I'm looking into finding slightly closer accomodations (our hotel is 1-2 blocks away from the convention center).

Price per person for the hotel is looking to be $25. The price might jump up if I manage to get rooms in one of the closer hotels, but I won't make things go over $40/person.
That's twice! Not even my father ever hit me!
madmantheo
Esteemed Former President of Glorious Japanimation (Grover Cleveland remix) PAC Classic Fuhrer

Postby madmantheo » Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:44 pm

Altered Ride List -- praying for no more changes

Rei: Proctor, Chapel, Alex, Ian, Chris, Chris' friend
Jon: Katherine, Angonnoma, Angonnoma's Friend (we still don't have your contact info)
Chuck: Andrew, Elizabeth S., Wes

Evening Ride
Ben: Avram, Sahvanna, Kali, Yilun, Sarah
Sam: Elizabeth M., Gregor
madmantheo
Esteemed Former President of Glorious Japanimation (Grover Cleveland remix) PAC Classic Fuhrer

Postby ThundrNeon » Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:22 pm

This is Chuck a.k.a ThundrNeon

Am also planning on leaving around 6AM -7AM. I will get more details to my passengers when we meet up on Thursday night at anime club to work out remaining details, etc.

My car has a CD Player that does MP3 playback and has a headphone port input so if ya want to bring an MP3 loaded CD or pretty much any device with music and a headphone port we can have some extra tunes (For reference MP3 CDs or plain CDs sound best in the car).

Again final details to be worked on at Thursday Night's Anime Club.
Inherited Will.
The Destiny of the Age, and the Dreams of the People.
These are things that will not be stopped.
As long as people continue to pursue the meaning of Freedom,
These things will never cease to be!
ThundrNeon

Postby bijutsusan » Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:55 am

For those that are riding with me (this is Rei): bring along an MP3 player with your music on it for the ride.
Also, am I picking everyone up at Proctor's house again?
こんにちわ!私の名前はレイです。 よろしくね。 

"Do not allow yourself to be blinded by fear or anger. Everything is only as it is." ~Nui
bijutsusan

Postby madmantheo » Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:35 pm

Yeah, that would seem to be the plan. Everybody should be assembled for a departure at 6am. I'll likely bring along my iPod as well for the trip.
madmantheo

Postby MomoKurumi » Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:17 pm

What are the status on the hotel rooms? Michelle and I may need to cancel our room and crash with PAC, since we only have the two of us for sure staying which would put us way over our budget... The rooms are within walking distance, right? No sense in paying multiple parking fees a day...

An all girl's room is highly preferable for us D: I don't usually put this out there, but it's a dire situation: my number is 859-640-8856, you can text me (I prefer it), but if you do, please introduce yourself first, I don't have caller ID, lol. Also, I might be able to take Savannah in my car, but if that's inconvenient, then I understand. =) Another thing, if the rooms have more people than beds, we can request more comfortors and blankets, right? In case we need to sleep on the floor, heheh... Please let me know what the dealio is ASAP, so I can cancel my reservation if it comes to that! ;3
ImageImageImageImageImage
In Progress:
ImageImageImage
MomoKurumi

Postby madmantheo » Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:55 pm

People that are attending Ohayocon should make an effort to make it to tomorrow's club meeting. We will be gathering at 6:30pm to make final preparations for the trip, but if you can't make it then, showing up at any point would be fine. Be sure to get in contact with the person giving you a ride (they should have your information) and discuss when and where to be picked up. We've had a few more people join in, so its looking like the hotel room might only be $20/person; however, this does mean our two rooms will be rather cramped. Plan on bringing a blanket and/or pillow because sleeping on the floor will be the reality for the majority.

There's also been mention of splitting the rooms into all-girl and all-guy, and we'll discuss that when we meet up tomorrow. If my numbers (and assumptions in a few cases based on names) are correct, we have 15 guys and 13 girls.

I'll see you in STEW 202 @ 6:30pm, and hopefully we all have a great time at Ohayocon. I know I will.
madmantheo

Postby LordOfKirsch » Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:48 am

If you're going to get an extra room--with, gods, /that/ many people might be a good idea--you guys might want to consider Blackwell Hotel ($169/night, less than a mile away from con... currently still has rooms) or the DoubleTree(iffy on the rooms).
Assuming your current hotel is $140 a night, if we redivide everything with one Blackwell room, that'd make it about $35 each. And it'd only be 9-10 to a room instead of 13-15.
Or, if we got two Blackwells, that'd be about $45, and it'd be 7 to a room.

Just some suggestions! To make it more manageable.

-Sahvanna
LordOfKirsch

Postby madmantheo » Thu Jan 26, 2012 2:26 pm

Another room opened up at the Courtyard, so we now have a third room at pretty much the same rate. Now people won't be quite as crunched for space, and there's more flexibility for an all-girl room for those that want one. Price will be in the $30-35/person range.
madmantheo

Postby madmantheo » Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:16 pm

Hotel is the Courtyard by Marriott, and the address is 35 West Spring Street, Columbus, OH. The hotel has parking at the rate of $10/day. Its only 2 blocks away from the convention center.
madmantheo

Previous

Return to Anime Conventions