Ohayocon 2013

Ohayocon 2013

Postby madmantheo » Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:33 pm

Ohayocon

Date: January 18-20 (Friday through Sunday)
Location: Hyatt Regency Columbus and Greater Columbus Convention Center
Columbus, Ohio 43215
Price: $45 until 11/1/2012
$50 until registration closes (most likely 1/1/2013)
$55 at the door

If you're interested in attending, be sure to post here on the forums. We need to keep track of who all is wanting to join us in order to make sure we have enough rooms (currently have two) and organize rides out to Columbus.

For those certain that they will be attending, we're looking into getting enough people together to earn a group discount. If at least 10 people are interested before November 1st, we'll be able to get a $5 discount on the badges, lowering the cost to $40. If we go through with this, you will need to get your money to me as soon as possible.

Other costs will be hotel (depends on how many people attend), gas, parking, and food (they have a reasonably priced food court).

People Interested in Group Rate
Proctor
Chapel
Alex
Ben
Avram
Andrew
Ian
Jon P.
Chuck
Lauren
Avram
Elizabeth
That's twice! Not even my father ever hit me!
madmantheo
Esteemed Former President of Glorious Japanimation (Grover Cleveland remix) PAC Classic Fuhrer

Re: Ohayocon 2013

Postby SCPX » Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:45 am

Should be pretty obvious, but I'm definitely going. I'm trying to figure out if my brother plans on coming with us, or if he'll have his own way in though. I'll let y'all know the more he tells me. (For now, assume he's with his own group.)
SCPX

Postby chapel » Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:09 am

I will be attending myself as will alex.

Count goes up by 2!
The reason why people lose is because they do not have Kamina to punch them in the face and tell them to believe in themselves.
chapel
One True Former A/V Tech of the Sixth Heaven and the Keeper of Royal Information

Postby Kiirnodel » Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:32 am

I'm interested in going, and as always I would be up for helping with any panels we might put on.
El Psy Congroo
Kiirnodel

Postby Jingle Scott » Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:00 pm

jo
You're the first man to touch my curveball. - Uesugi Tatsuya

Char doesn't have 4 places on this list, clearly it is not only faulty, but not certified by the Japanese. - a poster on Japanator
Jingle Scott
Co-Conspirator for the Showing of Japanimation with Large Episode Counts

Postby ThundrNeon » Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:36 pm

I plan on going as well, so you can add me to the group discount list.

I plan on leaving Friday early morning and can drive if necessary.

If I drive, I will be taking a 2006 Scion xA (FWD 4 door hatchback with a 4 banger). It holds 4 comfortably (5 not so comfortably).
If it snows over 2", then I will be driving a 2007 Saturn Vue (AWD 4 door SUV with with a V6). The Saturn holds 5 easily.

Estimated cost of gas + parking for each vehicle to be split with the total number of people in my vehicle:
Scion Xa - $100
Saturn Vue - $130
Inherited Will.
The Destiny of the Age, and the Dreams of the People.
These are things that will not be stopped.
As long as people continue to pursue the meaning of Freedom,
These things will never cease to be!
ThundrNeon

Postby GigaDrillBreaker » Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:00 pm

We got 4 people and we'd like to go after you guys cause we are not familiar with the route.
GigaDrillBreaker

Postby username » Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:19 pm

Maybe I'm too late, but I would be interested in tagging along with you guys if possible.
username

Postby madmantheo » Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:13 pm

Not too late. Just message me your personal information (name, when you're free to leave, and where generally in town you reside), and I can see about getting you into one of our vehicles.

As for those hoping to follow, the route is really simple, but if you'd like to convoy along, you're more than welcome to.
madmantheo
Esteemed Former President of Glorious Japanimation (Grover Cleveland remix) PAC Classic Fuhrer

Postby madmantheo » Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:46 am

Less than one week until the convention, so here are some final details and information. I currently count 13 people that are planning on going to Ohayocon, so hotel rooms should cost approximately $45/person.

The preliminary automobile list is as follows:

Chuck: Ian, Sam, Lauren (6-7am)
Ben: Proctor, Chapel, Alex, Andrew, Jon (6-7am)
Avram: John (2:30pm or later)

I haven't heard from Lauren regarding her availability, so please get in contact with me as soon as possible. If you are needing to leave in the afternoon on Friday, I can move you into Avram's car, and either way, we'll need contact information and an address for you to be picked up.

Any additional people that would like to join us are welcome to, but please let me know within the next day or two so that we can make arrangements.
madmantheo

Next

Return to Anime Conventions