Ohayocon 2014

Ohayocon 2014

Postby madmantheo » Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:13 am

The end of the semester is fast approaching, and that means that its time to start organizing ourselves for another trip to Ohayocon.

Ohayocon is an anime convention that is held in Columbus, Ohio, running this year on January 24-26. It is one of the larger cons in the Midwest and has traditionally been a fun convention. At-door pricing for a full-weekend badge is $60, but if you pre-register by October 31st, it's $45, and by Dec. 31, $50. If we can get together a group of at least ten people willing to commit to going by October 31st, we can also get a group discount, knocking the price of each badge down to $40. So be sure to let us know that you want to attend ASAP if you'd like to take advantage of the reduced price.

Typically, we arrange carpools to Columbus that leave on Friday morning (though there is usually one car that leaves in the afternoon for people who can't get out of class) and then return on Sunday evening. We will be staying in a nearby hotel, and I will be able to give an estimate of the cost once I have a better idea of who all is staying with us. Other than the hotel and badge, you will just have to cover your own food expenses (there is a food court in the convention center that isn't terribly overpriced) as well as chip in money for gas and/or parking.

If you're interested in attending, please post in this thread so that we can keep track of who all is wanting to come and make arrangements accordingly.

If you're wanting to take advantage of the group rate discount, be sure to email me no later than October 31st. My email address is matteproctor@gmail.com, and you will need to provide me your full name, phone number, and address for me to submit a badge in your name.

I'll post more info as we get it.
That's twice! Not even my father ever hit me!
madmantheo
Esteemed Former President of Glorious Japanimation (Grover Cleveland remix) PAC Classic Fuhrer

Re: Ohayocon 2014

Postby happybobjr » Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:17 pm

I would love to go. I don't have a ride, buy ya. When is it?
happybobjr

Postby SCPX » Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:30 am

IMPORTANT:
Rides have been assigned! Please reference this post for further details!

We are now looking to set up for carpools, as well as take account for who will be needing a ride or hotel room. Many of you have been emailed about the ride/hotel room already.
If you are able to give a ride to people, please post on here how many people you can drive. If you are needing a ride, please post here with that information as well.

Drivers (# people riding, not including driver):
Avram (2) - afternoon
Ben (4?) - Morning
Sam (2) - Afternoon
Chris & Sam (3) - Morning (7am) (Needs people to ride with him)

People Needing Rides:
Gary - Morning
Emmy Smith - Morning
Tristan Case - Morning
Chapel - Morning
Bethany - Morning
Steven Dauterman - Afternoon
Jordyn Marshel - Afternoon
Chris Schlatter - Afternoon
Andrew Green - Afternoon
SCPX

Postby Catas » Tue Jan 14, 2014 2:13 pm

I'll be needing a ride and stuff and stuff.
Catas
Eiserne Jungfrau

Postby chapel » Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:34 pm

I will be needing a ride and will be staying at the hotel. Ben wants me to say that he too will be going and hotel and such.
Ben is also willing to drive.
The reason why people lose is because they do not have Kamina to punch them in the face and tell them to believe in themselves.
chapel
One True Former A/V Tech of the Sixth Heaven and the Keeper of Royal Information

Postby thebobwaffles » Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:09 pm

i'm i need of a ride and can leave anytime after 11:30am on friday. also need a room.
-Andrew Green
generic placeholder signature?
thebobwaffles

Postby SCPX » Sat Jan 18, 2014 2:14 pm

Tristan has contacted me and said that he will be needing a ride and a place to stay. He also needs to leave with one of the early cars, as he needs to be there by noon.

Emmy Smith has also said that she will need a ride, and she will have a friend staying with us, though her friend will NOT be needing a ride.
SCPX

Postby Kuro_Neko » Sat Jan 18, 2014 3:55 pm

I will be leaving after my 4:30 class ends on Friday (or a bit later if that facilitates your schedule better). The Eclipse *can* take 2 other people but the person in the back won't be happy.

So: Sam (2)
Kuro_Neko
Index-Librorum-Prohibitorum

Postby ThundrNeon » Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:14 pm

Have fun at Ohayocon
Last edited by ThundrNeon on Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
ThundrNeon

Postby Shione » Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:18 pm

I need a ride as well, and I can leave in the morning whenever everyone's ready.

(e) This is Bethany; I'm not sure I have my name posted to my profile or anything.
Shione

Next

Return to Anime Conventions