Colossalcon 2015

Colossalcon 2015

Postby madmantheo » Thu Mar 26, 2015 6:03 pm

Greetings and Salutations!

This thread is to help determine who all is interested in attending Colossalcon this coming June and will also serve as an easy place for information about the con and our trek there.

Colossalcon is a mid-sized anime convention held in Sandusky, Ohio, and this year it will be on June 4-7. It is a 4-day convention starting on a Thursday, and we typically go there for the full duration. In addition to the stellar convention, the site for Colossalcon is the Kalahari Resort, a rather nice hotel that features its very own indoor/outdoor waterpark as well as a swim-up hot tub bar (for those of proper drinking age). Our hotel room comes with several free passes to this waterpark, so should you want a break from the busy convention, then you can spend some time swimming, going down water slides, and chilling out poolside. Traditionally, several of our members run a variety of panels throughout the convention. Colossalcon has been one of the more consistently enjoyable cons in the region, and it's well worth the trip necessary to get there.

We will be arranging a car pool to transit people from West Lafayette to Sandusky come convention time, but if you won't be in town, arrangements can be made in order to get you back there beforehand or possibly arrange a pick-up of some kind. Also, if there are groups of people interested in making the trip from another location, they would be more than welcome to meet us there.

Our lodgings in the Kalahari are rather spacious and can accommodate a large number of people. The suite we have has three Queen beds and one King bed as well as plenty of floor space. There's a large common area, and the room comes with a full kitchen which we will make use of throughout the weekend. On the first day of the convention, we will make a trip to a nearby Walmart to do shopping, and most meals throughout the convention will be prepared, and that little benefit can shave a good bit of money off food costs for the weekend (convention food prices are pretty high, and restaurants are a short drive but a bit much for a walk). Prices for the hotel room will vary depending on the number of people, but the range of prices from past cons has generally fallen in the $45-90 range for the three-night stay.

If you're interested in attending, please post in this thread and include whether you would be needing a ride from West Lafayette (or somewhere nearby) or if you would be willing to provide rides for others. Information about the trip itself will be figured out as we get closer, but we typically leave around 9-10am and stop for lunch at the fabled Big Boy in Defiance, Ohio on the way. We can also work out cooking arrangements among people intending on attending beforehand as well.

Pre-registration cost for a 4-day badge is $50 until May 9th, and at-door pricing is $60. Other costs would include hotel, food (should you choose to buy in), and gas (to be paid to your driver). Parking is free at the convention as well, so no worries about a cost there.

As I stated earlier, this is perhaps the most consistently enjoyable con I've attended, so I hope that we have ourselves another good group for this year's Colossalcon!

Going
Matt Proctor
Chuck Lewis
Chuck's Roommate
Michael Leahy
Ian Brown
Andrew Geneczko
Chris Schlatter
Patrick Tiffany
Matthew Bock + 1 other
Kat L.
Andrew B.
Andrew Green (THREE ANDREWS!?) - 2 nights
Emma Caldwell +1 other
Caitlin
Leinelle
Lisa B.
Derek C. + 1 other
Anthony - 1 night
Quinton
Ryan

(22 total)
That's twice! Not even my father ever hit me!
madmantheo
Esteemed Former President of Glorious Japanimation (Grover Cleveland remix) PAC Classic Fuhrer

Re: Colossalcon 2015

Postby ThundrNeon » Thu Mar 26, 2015 6:18 pm

I will be going and am willing to drive. My roommate has been bugging me also about pricing for badges, etc as he has expressed interest in also going. A few others I know have expressed interest, but I will not include them as coming until I have monies for badges and a more firm commitment from them.

My car seats 4 comfortably and 5 not quite so comfortably. Will give more details as to how much car space I will have as the con get closer.
Inherited Will.
The Destiny of the Age, and the Dreams of the People.
These are things that will not be stopped.
As long as people continue to pursue the meaning of Freedom,
These things will never cease to be!
ThundrNeon

Postby chapel » Thu Mar 26, 2015 9:28 pm

I was going to post here about my going but it seems I am already going! But I can drive also.
The reason why people lose is because they do not have Kamina to punch them in the face and tell them to believe in themselves.
chapel
One True Former A/V Tech of the Sixth Heaven and the Keeper of Royal Information

Postby FunnyBunny91 » Sun Mar 29, 2015 8:25 pm

I'm interested in going. I will need a ride to and from the con.
FunnyBunny91

Postby Felly » Tue Apr 14, 2015 7:01 pm

I am certainly interested, and more than likely willing to go this year. Hopefully we can keep the rate low. I'll probably spend 2 nights instead of the full 3.

This is Anthony Mullis, I was a consistant club goer from 2003-2008.

I'll be coming for the end of semester marathon to talk about details since it'll be closer to the event.
Felly

Postby kitkat » Wed Apr 15, 2015 9:52 pm

Cat Lemer speaking!

Andrew B. and I are definitely in for the con, and rooming with the group.

Ride-wise, we may or may not be needing to ask for one. Will update later.
kitkat

Postby thebobwaffles » Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:41 pm

I, Andrew Green, was wanting to go too.
generic placeholder signature?
thebobwaffles

Postby Lecdragon » Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:54 pm

I will be going and bringing my sister who is willing to drive.

Emma Caldwell
Lecdragon

Postby kitkat » Sun May 24, 2015 12:22 am

Cat here, definitely going but I'd need a ride leaving after noon, if possible...
kitkat

Postby FunnyBunny91 » Fri May 29, 2015 10:00 pm

This is Leinelle, I'd like to leave as soon as possible on Thursday morning. I don't have a car so I'll need to ride with someone. But I already got my pre-reg so I don't need to wait in that long ass line to get my badge! lol
FunnyBunny91

Next

Return to Anime Conventions