Ohayocon 2010

Re: Ohayocon 2010

Postby chapel » Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:59 pm

RubyTsinelas wrote:Hello =)

I'm not part of the anime club, but am I welcome to go to the convention with you guys? :)

need to know a little bit about you then...
The reason why people lose is because they do not have Kamina to punch them in the face and tell them to believe in themselves.
chapel
One True Former A/V Tech of the Sixth Heaven and the Keeper of Royal Information

Postby RubyTsinelas » Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:51 am

Let's see, I'm a Junior at Purdue in EE, I did go to a callout my freshman year tho. I'm not so much of an anime fan anymore as I am a manga fan. My favorite is Tsubasa Chronicles (honestly, I was turned off from anime because I watched the last episodes of TC and it had such a horrible ending.)

I spend most of my time reading manga, doing hw, and singing along to random jpop/kpop :).
RubyTsinelas

Postby madmantheo » Thu Nov 12, 2009 6:04 am

You're welcome to come as far as I'm concerned. The more the merrier (and the cheaper or hotel).

Keep checking here as we approach the con date. I'll try to get all the cars coordinated sometime early in January I figure. Sounds like my ever popular car is filling up again (I think more people have requested to go than I have spots), but we have plenty of people willing to offer rides.

As for TC, the anime was awful from what I saw. I won a few volumes of the manga at my first Ohayocon and it looked fairly decent (especially by comparison). I'm more of a xxxHolic fan though.

As a note to everybody, if you know of scheduling conflicts that would alter when you could leave campus on that Friday, be sure to let us know. We usually have at least one car making a trip later in the day.
That's twice! Not even my father ever hit me!
madmantheo
Esteemed Former President of Glorious Japanimation (Grover Cleveland remix) PAC Classic Fuhrer

Postby Rknorr » Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:46 am

Bob here. Just wanted to say that I'm interested in going but alas, I do not have a ride. I would be able to leave after 1:20pm because of a lab. Is anyone leaving Purdue in the around that time?
Rknorr

Postby kissthekorean » Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:19 pm

Hey, guys. I'm also not a member of PAC, but I'm interested in going as well. I have a car, but I'm not the most awesome person when it comes to driving/parking (I fit the asian stereotype. ;-;).

Is there still room in both the hotel and cars for me? Also, is anyone cosplaying? Thanks, guys! :3
kissthekorean

Postby madmantheo » Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:03 am

Kissthekorean, you're more than welcome to tag along. The more the merrier.

Firstly, among those who have said they have cars and are willing to drive, are any of you willing/needing to leave for the con at a later time on Friday. Bob already mentioned that he cannot leave campus until 1:20pm, so if he is to get a ride (without skipping labs, which is bad; trust me) somebody needs to be leaving later. I would volunteer hypothetically except I need to get our hotel rooms. I have Chris, Rei, and John having volunteered their cars and Ben mentioning we could use his in a pinch. The sooner I know who is willing to do this, the sooner I can finalize car lists.

As it stands, the cars are as follow...

Proctor- Jon, Ian, Chapel, and Andrew
Chris- Ryan
Rei-
John-

Not divvied up yet: Wesley, Anna, Ruby, Richard, Bob, kisstheKorean

My car is full, but otherwise, if you have any personal requests as to which car you want to be in, post them here.

Hopefully this should all be cleared up shortly, and we can look forward to an amazing weekend in Columbus.
madmantheo
Esteemed Former President of Glorious Japanimation (Grover Cleveland remix) PAC Classic Fuhrer

Postby ayako » Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:53 am

Hey, just letting you know I don't get out of class until 2:30 that Friday, so can the later car leave around then?
ayako

Postby torndar » Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:13 pm

I have class until 4:30 on Friday and I plan to drive so anyone that needs to leave later can ride with me. I probably won't leave the area till around 5:30 or so but I plan to try and get on the road as quickly as possible.

Jonathan

PS If you shorten my name please spell it right... Jonathan -> Jon not John.
torndar

Postby madmantheo » Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:43 pm

My mistake, Jon. Was unconsciously trying to separate you from our other Jon. Thanks for driving late though.

With that, cars will be divvied up as follows.

Proctor: Ian, Jon, Chapel, Andrew
Chris: Ryan, Wes, Richard, Ben
Rei: Sadie, Rubytsinelas, kissthekorean
Jonathan: Bob, Anna (leaves at 5:30pm)

If that arrangement doesn't work for anybody, be sure to let me know and I can rearrange things. There is still a space or two open in the late car, so if you need to go later in the day, let me know. It will apparently be leaving about 5:30pm.

Once everything is fully finalized, drivers and passengers should get in contact with one another to figure out where the others live and/or where and when to pick them up. I'll personally be hitting the road about 6am, and the drive takes about 4-5 hours. For directions, simply use Google maps and input the address of the Hyatt Regency (found on Ohayocon's website); its really easy to find. For new drivers, I can attempt to explain the best place to park, so just ask.

We have a few more people attending now than previously, so I'll try to track down the exact price for our hotel rooms and give an updated price per person.
madmantheo

Postby Rknorr » Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:57 pm

Thanks for the ride. If any new drivers volunteer to leave earlier then 5:30pm, let me know. I'll be ready to go right after class.
Rknorr

PreviousNext

Return to Anime Conventions