LARP

LARP

Postby Krogan » Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:18 am

Does anyone know if purdue has a LARP club or Belgarth affiliation? If so could someone send me the link? If not would anyone be interested in getting together making some swords and shields and beating eachother?
Krogan

Re: LARP

Postby SCPX » Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:53 am

I don't know of a LARP club, but there is a Medieval society group that meets to perform sword practice at the armory every Wednesday. I can't go, because Wednesday evening is one of my busy evenings. T.T

Besides that, I always love a good sword fight. I would love to get together and go for a beating.
SCPX

Postby digispirit » Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:51 pm

There sort of is. All the RPG clubs meet on Fridays on the 3rd floor of Stewart Center. There's also a group that meets Saturdays that used to LARP at the end of every semester, but I dunno if they still do that.
digispirit
Grand Financier and Keeper of the Treasury

Postby Krogan » Fri Oct 08, 2010 6:58 am

Hmm ill have to check it out. Well if anyone wants to get together and make some foam swords and stuff and battle it out lets do it. I just think it would be a cool way to get in some extra exercise :)
Krogan

Postby SCPX » Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:46 am

Like I said, I'd love to. Although I've never made foam swords, so I'd need a little help on that one.
SCPX

Postby Krogan » Sat Oct 09, 2010 1:46 am

Ight cool Iv seen a bunch of tutorials on how to make them. They only cost around 20-25 to make.
Krogan

Postby zeshin » Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:44 pm

As ive heard, there were two main larps, one is a vampire larp...though i don't know where they meet now. The other disbanded a year or so ago because there just wasn't enough people, though they guy who ran it now plays at a game on saturdays. Which that game actualy larps like...once or twice a year...but its very sudo larp since the players would rather roll dice >.>. Me and my friends though do go to a larp called Nero if your interested, though..it costs a little since they hold it at a camp ground usualy once a month, and the game runs all weekend long (which means you have to actualy run watchs to make sure your in game items dont get stolen :)). If your interested lemme know.
zeshin

Return to General Discussion