The Welcome Thread!

Re: The Welcome Thread!

Postby MoFogey » Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:58 am

Howdy all!

My name's Adam and I have recently rediscovered my true love for anime (Thank you ACen). I grew up on shows like gundam wing, Trigun, Yu Yu Hakusho and Evangalion. I had a bit of a falling out with the whole anime scene during high school but am now crawling back to my harsh mistress begging for forgiveness... I also enjoy hiking, rock climbing, soccer, swimming and volleyball. I'm also trying to learn Japanese and am planning on goin to Tokyo next summer so hopefully with the help of a torrented copy of Rosetta stone I might just be able to speak the basics by then. If there are any Japanese speakers in the club that could help me with my accent I would be forever grateful.

That pretty much sums it up,
see u guys on thurs!
Just an average guy with exceptional hair.
-Kenny Powers
MoFogey

Postby Krogan » Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:37 am

Hey,

I am Tony. I didnt go to the callout last week because I did not know there was one. I am not really into anime, meaning i do not watch it regularly. I am more into cosplay and just watch anime if someone else is watching it. Some of my favorites would be Trigun, Zoids, Gundam, and sadly the dragon ball series. Some of the cosplays that i have done are Wolverine/Logan, Ryu, and I will be doing Guile at ACross.
Krogan

Postby d0nk » Sun Aug 21, 2011 2:45 pm

Hi,

I am d0nk`. I am not a student at Purdue, but a friend of someone who is. I go to the University of Michigan. Your anime club sounds cooler than the one at my school so uh, I guess I'm the first remote member.

I like anime of a wide variety of genres but mostly the drama/romance, slice of life, and comedy genres. I like Touhou, visual novels, doujin games, and doujin music.
d0nk

Postby ikaruzu2 » Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:28 pm

Purdue student, freshman
went to callout
i like it
i am glad that i can join the club
name: Gregory
plays MUG
where from: ?????(asia)
ikaruzu2

Postby angonnoma » Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:38 pm

Ello,

I am Jacob, went to the call out, awesomeness. I am horribad Starcraft 2 player, favorite genre is anything shonen jump, but ill watch just about any anime as long as it isn't a feel good one. I l enjoy fantasy novels, and the yugioh card game.
"No, I would not want to live in a world without dragons, as I would not want to live in a world without magic, for that is a world without mystery, and that is a world without faith."
angonnoma

Previous

Return to General Discussion