The Welcome Thread!

Re: The Welcome Thread!

Postby madmantheo » Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:48 pm

And the Dark Overlord emerges!

I'm that big guy that everybody calls Proctor. I've been coming to PAC since I was a sophomore in high school (yeah, I'm a townie), which would've been back in 2000. I've previously served as Secretary for 3 semesters, Vice President for a semester, and President for 6 semesters (not counting summer in there for any). I believe I'm the member who's been here the third longest since we have some real old fogeys hanging about from back in the 90's. I also birthed the glorious PAC Classic back before it was cool to make subgroups.

I like anime of most any sort as long as the quality is high, but I tend to prefer older series in general. Moe shows do the least for me out of any genre, but I've found a few good ones. Other than that, I'll give most anything a chance. Hell, it couldn't be worse than Stellvia. Video games are another pleasure along with reading and watching movies. I am fortunately free of the curse of WoW.

If you want to know obscure facts about anime or the club itself, I'm your man. Things like how PAC 27+ started the year after Classic and was originally just an excuse to watch Bleach. Yeah Jon, you can try to trick the others, but you know deep down that Classic owns 27+.
That's twice! Not even my father ever hit me!
madmantheo
Esteemed Former President of Glorious Japanimation (Grover Cleveland remix) PAC Classic Fuhrer

Postby fullmetal » Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:29 pm

I was gonna let you slide with your original slight against my beloved 27+, but I cannot stand idly by while you try to defame our character by bringing up one poor decision in programming. Much like a bad drunken hook-up decision, Bleach was a bad base for 27+ which I chose while being intoxicated by the sudden power given to me by my rise to the Office of Grand Press Secretary. We have learned from our mistakes and the line-ups have gotten better as the years go by. Now, if it's a fight you want, I'm more than capable of waging war. However, I'm not unreasonable and can see that a truce would be more conducive to improving PAC, since we are both crucial to the survival of the club.
If life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade. However, if life does not also give you sugar and water, your lemonade is gonna suck.
fullmetal
Grand Press Secretary and Advertising Minister

Postby madmantheo » Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:05 pm

Well, it is certainly hard to do anything but improve with Bleach as your starting point. You are forgiven for your initial inferiority since you have shown Zeta Gundam and Flame of Recca, so you know that Quattro is not Char and that Fuuko rocks the house.
Remember in the scheme of things, PAC 27+ is Classic's little brother, and its the elder brother's job to beatdown on the younger sibling from time to time. But its always a beatdown with love.
That's twice! Not even my father ever hit me!
madmantheo
Esteemed Former President of Glorious Japanimation (Grover Cleveland remix) PAC Classic Fuhrer

Postby fullmetal » Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:41 am

Then all is forgiven. War has been averted, thankfully. I don't think PAC would survive the repercussions of a full-blown war between Classic and 27+
If life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade. However, if life does not also give you sugar and water, your lemonade is gonna suck.
fullmetal

Postby bijutsusan » Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:52 pm

Hello, my name is Rei (last name is not Ayanami, although that would be cool too) and I love Anime of any type and from any year. As long as it has a good story, I am all happy. Among other things, I am a giant fan of Okami and WoW as well (Elune server, Pally, Priest and DK).
I speak Japanese and to some extent, Spanish (although I faithfully believe that every bit of Japanese language I learn bumps out some older Spanish knowledge) and will probably live in Japan some day. I enjoy Japanese music (I have even sung some Enka and what-not in Karaoke while in Japan, hehe!) and American Rock and Classical.
This is my second year attending PAC and as long as no one kicks me out for being too dorky, or passes a 'no girls allowed' rule, I shall attend rain or shine. :mrgreen:
こんにちわ!私の名前はレイです。 よろしくね。 

"Do not allow yourself to be blinded by fear or anger. Everything is only as it is." ~Nui
bijutsusan

Postby Kiirnodel » Sun Oct 04, 2009 7:14 pm

Hey there everyone, I'm Ben, and I'll be acting as PAC's archivist this year. I've been serving as a lackey for years now and I finally have a title to show that actually do something around here. Well, maybe not around right here in particular, maybe over there somewhere...

In any case, if anyone has any questions about what we have in the archives, want to borrow something or mooch a file off of one of our officers, I'm the one to come and talk to about it. I'll be trying to get a listing of what all the officers have on their various externals (as I'm sure it amounts to quite a significant collection across everyone).

Also, feel free to contact me if you want to donate something to our archives or make your own collection available to the PAC public. :lol:

On that note, I'll need to get some lists from our officers of what we have available. You can either send me a message or put together a list and give it to me the next time you see me.
El Psy Congroo
Kiirnodel

Postby ayako » Mon Oct 19, 2009 1:47 pm

Hi. My name's Anna, and I've finally gotten around to registering on the forum. I'm a freshman here at Purdue this year. I only really got into anime a couple years ago, but I'm addicted. Currently attending both Thurs. PAC meetings and PAC Classic (and loving all the different series).
ayako

Postby ClassicDaniel » Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:33 pm

Hey there, I'm Daniel. They say a picture is worth a thousand words, so here's a picture that pretty much sums me up as a person.

By the way, the Gun Show is a very funny comic and you should all read it
"A mulberry is a tree, Kuwabara's a man." - Kazuma Kuwabara
ClassicDaniel

Postby Jingle Scott » Tue Oct 20, 2009 4:53 pm

But... but... I was supposed to be the Big Anime Fan! :cry:
You're the first man to touch my curveball. - Uesugi Tatsuya

Char doesn't have 4 places on this list, clearly it is not only faulty, but not certified by the Japanese. - a poster on Japanator
Jingle Scott
Co-Conspirator for the Showing of Japanimation with Large Episode Counts

Postby fullmetal » Fri Oct 23, 2009 6:23 pm

Jing, you're just an anime fan that happens to be big, not THE Big Anime Fan.
fullmetal

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion