9th Annual PAC Classic MLK Jr. Day Marathon! 1/20

Moderator: madmantheo

9th Annual PAC Classic MLK Jr. Day Marathon! 1/20

Postby madmantheo » Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:25 am

This upcoming Monday (Jan. 20) we will be holding our 9th annual Martin Luther King Jr. Day Marathon for PAC Classic. This marathon will be held off-campus, and Chuck Lewis has volunteered to host us at his home yet again. People are welcome to start arriving after 1pm on Monday, and we are hoping to get things rolling by 2pm. There is no particular series/movies planned for the marathon; once people begin to arrive, we will vote on what to watch. If there is a series that you'd like to make sure is up for consideration, post it in this thread, and Chuck and I can check to see if we have it and get it if we don't.

https://goo.gl/maps/POb6G
Here is a Google Maps link for Chuck's address for those of you planning on driving there. Be warned that the Kossuth-Earl intersection is closed, so access from Sagamore Parkway will be difficult.

If you're needing a ride from campus, we will have somebody swing by the Union at 1pm to pick people up and drive them over to Chuck's. Meeting spot will be outside the Starbucks. Please post in this thread if you are in need of a ride, that way we can make sure we have enough drivers to ferry people over.

Chuck has offered to cook more of his famous curry for dinner, so you shouldn't need to worry about food, but any snacks or drinks you can bring over would be fantastic.

Chuck and I will keep you all updated here in the forums, and I'll send out reminders via Facebook and our mailing list prior to the start of the event.

Hope to see you Monday! There will be plenty of anime to watch and good times to have
That's twice! Not even my father ever hit me!
madmantheo
Esteemed Former President of Glorious Japanimation (Grover Cleveland remix) PAC Classic Fuhrer

Re: 9th Annual PAC Classic MLK Jr. Day Marathon! 1/20

Postby ThundrNeon » Fri Jan 17, 2014 11:05 pm

O.o that streetview of my house is pretty recent (estimating 5-7 months old based on some stuff in it.) Also if you are attending this would be a good spot to list if you have any specific food allergies I need to take into account when making the curry. Also I do have 2 really nice cats so if you're highly allergic... As a note I will also have a legible sign in the front yard the day of.
Again as Proctor mentioned, if there's a series you would like to watch/recommend bring it up here so we can check if we have it (even +7 TB of anime isn't close to everything). Also note this is a PAC Classic Marathon so it's suggested that the series be at least 7 years old (If it's really close an exception may be made by Proctor).
Inherited Will.
The Destiny of the Age, and the Dreams of the People.
These are things that will not be stopped.
As long as people continue to pursue the meaning of Freedom,
These things will never cease to be!
ThundrNeon

Postby Shione » Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:25 pm

I would really like a ride, if anyone would give me one. Thanks!

- Bethany
Shione

Postby rhayex » Sat Jan 18, 2014 9:55 pm

Yeah, Andrew and I need a ride from Earhart Hall as well.
rhayex

Postby ThundrNeon » Sun Jan 19, 2014 1:01 am

madmantheo wrote:If you're needing a ride from campus, we will have somebody swing by the Union at 1pm to pick people up and drive them over to Chuck's. Meeting spot will be outside the Starbucks. Please post in this thread if you are in need of a ride, that way we can make sure we have enough drivers to ferry people over.

Note: the meeting spot and time above. Thanks for posting we'll make sure to have enough vehicles to get everyone over to my place in time for marathon. More info on who will be picking people up to come later.
Inherited Will.
The Destiny of the Age, and the Dreams of the People.
These are things that will not be stopped.
As long as people continue to pursue the meaning of Freedom,
These things will never cease to be!
ThundrNeon

Return to PAC Classic