PAC Classic October Break Marathon 10/13

Moderator: madmantheo

PAC Classic October Break Marathon 10/13

Postby madmantheo » Sat Oct 11, 2014 4:36 am

October Break is upon us, and that means that it is time for another annual PAC Classic October Break Marathon!

This is an informal, off-campus event that we have run for that last several years, and as per usual, we will be hosting it at my apartment. There is not set agenda for the marathon; everything we watch will be decided upon by those who show up at the beginning. In the past we have watched entire 26 episode TV series, single or dual 13 episode TV series, as well as a mishmash of OVAs and/or movies. It just depends on what you all wish to watch! In terms of selection, I have a variety of series both on my external hard drive as well as DVDs and BluRay, so we should have plenty of options.

The general plan is to determine what we're watching at 1pm and then get started shortly thereafter. We will continue through the evening until either I or those attending decide otherwise. We will likely also order in food (probably pizza), so it is a good idea to bring some cash to chip in if you're wanting to partake. I will be providing some manner of drinks (both of the soft and alcoholic variety) as well as snacks, but if people are willing/able to bring snacks or drinks as well, I would be more than grateful.

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=202125781869900971009.0004aeb2f9ceae6f1d2b3&msa=0

The above is a Google Maps link that should provide you with my address, phone number, and with some input on your part, directions to and from. I live about 10 minutes from Purdue's campus, so the drive is not a long one. There is also a bus stop just outside my apartment complex (Parkway Apartments) if you'd like to arrive by that route.

Those of you who would like to attend and are in need of a ride from campus, please post here. I have already had one person volunteer to give rides, but depending on the number of people needing them, we will need to organize additional cars. If we have an accurate number of people who need rides, then the transportation from campus to my apartment should be swift and effortless. The general game plan is for people to meet up in the Purdue Memorial Union by the Starbucks by 12:40pm.

If anybody has any questions, feel free to ask them on here. I will be checking back periodically. In addition, if there are any series that people are wanting to have considered, it is a good idea to post them on here. If I do not have them already, I can make an effort to acquire them one way or another before the start of the marathon. Again, this is a PAC Classic event, so there is a strong preference towards series/movies that are at least 7 years old, though exceptions have been made in the past.

Looking forward to Monday,

Matt Proctor
That's twice! Not even my father ever hit me!
madmantheo
Esteemed Former President of Glorious Japanimation (Grover Cleveland remix) PAC Classic Fuhrer

Re: PAC Classic October Break Marathon 10/13

Postby Rainymae » Sat Oct 11, 2014 5:01 am

"Those of you who would like to attend and are in need of a ride from campus, please post here."
Rainymae

Postby madmantheo » Sat Oct 11, 2014 6:24 am

Fair Warning: We do have a cat. That said, I am at least mildly allergic to cats, and she pretty much never sets off any reactions for me.
madmantheo
Esteemed Former President of Glorious Japanimation (Grover Cleveland remix) PAC Classic Fuhrer

Postby Lucas » Sat Oct 11, 2014 1:10 pm

I could use a ride.

I have let my preference for Evangelion be known already, but I'd really be up to watch anything.
Lucas

Postby rhayex » Sat Oct 11, 2014 2:45 pm

I need a ride for at least two people, possibly three.
rhayex

Postby qschwart » Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:15 pm

Hey Quinton here. I still plan on going and have room to bring along three passengers. It looks like we might need a second vehicle though.
qschwart

Postby madmantheo » Sat Oct 11, 2014 9:13 pm

Alright. Either Andrew or I should be able to pick up people as well if there aren't any other volunteers for the task.

In other news, my cell phone seems to be completely dead, so the phone number I had listed won't do anybody any good if they get lost on the way to my place. Instead, the number below should connect you to Andrew.
765-418-8432
madmantheo

Postby rhayex » Sun Oct 12, 2014 2:04 pm

I'm assuming we're meeting up at the Union again this year for rides?
rhayex

Postby qschwart » Sun Oct 12, 2014 3:10 pm

This is where I plan to pick people up from. Unless anyone says otherwise I'll be in front of the Union club entrance in my blue Honda Civic at 12:40ish
qschwart

Postby rhayex » Mon Oct 13, 2014 1:53 am

Meet inside the union, in front of Starbucks.
rhayex

Next

Return to PAC Classic