Fall 2012 Callout: Calling all Cosplayers!

Moderator: kitkat

Fall 2012 Callout: Calling all Cosplayers!

Postby MomoKurumi » Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:17 pm

Hello all! Momo here to let you know that I'll be at the callout next Thursday (starts at 7:00 pm, but I'll be there at 6) to talk about the cosplay club. Not only will I present some photos from some of our events last year, I'll also be cosplaying in person and am requesting that anyone who cosplays and is okay with cosplaying at the callout to do so!

Girls especially, since many have the stereotype that anime clubs are ridden with male who partake in the pleasure of hentai. Some anime clubs might be like that, but those aren't the very fun ones. (Unless you are a male that partakes in the pleasure of viewing hentai.) We will show everyone at the callout that PAC and the Purdue Cosplay Brigade are so much more than just watching anime silently in a dark room with other socially awkward people. Everyone who's been there knows it's never silent and that we're socially awesome. ;P "KOTETSU, NO, DON'T TRUST HIM, HE'S USING YOU!!!" In other words, this is the best possible anime club. I hear horror stories about everyone else's at other schools and communities and am so happy that PAC is just full of fun awesome people. I sincerely mean that!

Anyways, if you want to be awesome and welcome the new and interested people to the club in a wacky or colorful outfit, I'd love it if you'd come in cosplay. =) You can choose to stay in the audience if you wish, but I wouldn't mind if you modeled your cosplay for the crowd either, heheh.
ImageImageImageImageImage
In Progress:
ImageImageImage
MomoKurumi

Re: Fall 2012 Callout: Calling all Cosplayers!

Postby toishiki » Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:41 pm

HENTAI!!!!!hahaha
Does PAC need cameramen!! T AT
I am learning photographing!
toishiki

Postby Suominatua » Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:57 am

Hmm... not sure where to post this.

I was at the callout at the beginning, but was unfortunately unable to attend the entire thing due to meetings.

I was in PAC freshman year, and showed up to a bit of the cosplay club events, but lacking $$$ in all aspects I didn't do much but help out the others.

So, after a year away from PAC, I've saved up quite a bit of cash and was hoping I could get help in creating a costume. I did some 4-H when I was younger, but of course making a pillow or stuffed animal has some important differences from making an outfit.

I'm hoping to get involved, visit some conventions and whatnot, and not be too much of a burden on thou with more experience ^.^

Thanks for listening!
"You know, I really can't stand it when guys pick on people weaker than them...but I guess I'll do it to you anyway!"
Suominatua

Postby Catas » Sun Sep 09, 2012 3:23 am

Normally I don't really need help with my costume ideas as I can generally make them using formal suits I already own. However I have come up with an idea that requires some work (For once).

Luckily I have until May to get it done and it totally won't take that long to make, but when the meetings start up I'll be there.
Catas
Eiserne Jungfrau

Postby Suominatua » Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:45 am

Yeah... Because of homework (in order to complete it, I've needed a lot of help from friends, who only seem to be able to meet on Thursdays right during anime club) I haven't been able to come to any of the regular club meetings, but I am still very hopeful I might be able to meet up with some of you guys on the weekends?
"You know, I really can't stand it when guys pick on people weaker than them...but I guess I'll do it to you anyway!"
Suominatua

Postby bebe » Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:03 am

Catas wrote:Normally I don't really need help with my costume ideas as I can generally make them using formal suits I already own. However I have come up with an idea that requires some work (For once).

Luckily I have until May to get it done and it totally won't take that long to make, but when the meetings start up I'll be there.

Can you tell me where do you buy your cosplay costume usually? Thanks!
bebe

Return to Cosplay Brigade