As we prepare for a new year, we've decided to make some big changes to the Shreve Club website. In addition to making it easier for us to update the site's content, we hope that these changes will make the website easier to use for residents who want to be involved with Shreve Club. So, what's new?
- Our site now includes a blog for full-length posts about what Shreve Club is up to. The most recent posts will appear on the home page in the "What's Happening" section, and an archive of older posts will be available.
- A full archive of meeting notes has been made available through a link in the site's top navigation bar. Each set of meeting notes includes a summary, making it easy for you to find the notes for a particular meeting based on what happened.
- Our event calendar has been placed on a separate page and has a link in the top bar, making it easier to find.
- Documents like our constitution and budget have also been given their own page with a link in the top bar.
- The "About Us" page contains information about Shreve Club as well as an FAQ section to answer some common questions about how our organization works.
- The visual appearance of the site is simpler and cleaner than before. The new theme is also lighter on resources and more consistent across web browsers.
In addition to making it easier for us to update and change our website, these changes will make it easier for you to find all of the important things that you'll want to see.
We decided to make these changes as we performed a complete overhaul of our website backend. Rather than simple files, we are now using a CMS to manage our site's content. Where we previously had to use special tools to manually modify our website's files, we can now use a simple web interface to create new posts and pages that are automatically tailored to our site's custom theme. We have taken special care to choose a lightweight system, so that our site is nearly as fast as before.
If you find any issues with the updated site, please contact email@example.com so that we can take a look. Please note that some older website links may not work anymore.
Posted on July 18, 2014 by .