Obtaining JSLW Articles
Journal of Second Language Writing (ISSN: 1060-3743)
is circulated internationally, it is not yet available at every
college or university
library in the world.
To facilitate the process of identifying appropriate articles for your needs, JSLW Online provides a comprehensive table of contents, abstracts of all feature articles, and complete citation information.
Once you have identified the article you need, there are a number of actions you can take in order to obtain a copy of the article.
1. Check your local library first. Your institution may already have the JSLW or may be in the process of acquiring it. If it is not listed in the library catalogue, ask the librarian for help. Your library may provide electronic access to the journal.
2. Use Interlibrary Loan. If your local library does not subscribe to the JSLW either in print or in electronic form, ask the librarian for the availability of Interlibrary Loan services. Your library may be able to obtain a copy of specific articles from other libraries through Interlibrary Loan.
3. Find a nearby library that subscribes to the JSLW. If the library at your institution does not provide Interlibrary Loan services, check libraries at nearby institutions. Many libraries now have their catalogues available online. A list of libraries that subscribe to the print or electronic version of the JSLW is available HERE.
5. Order a copy of the article from Articles Direct. The British Library Document Supply Center provides a service called Articles Direct. Through this service, you can obtain a copy of specific articles for a fee.
6. Ask the librarian at your institution to subscribe to the JSLW. If your library does not already have the JSLW available, ask the librarian to subscribe to it and to order back issues as well. The library order form is available HERE. If you are a student and the library would not honor acquisition requests from students, your faculty advisor may be able to help you.
7. Order back issues from the publisher. You can also order back issues of the JSLW from Elsevier Science. If you have published with Elsevier Science, you may be eligible for a discount. For more information, please see the contact information on the personal subscription order form.
(Note: Elsevier Science Customer Service Representatives may tell you that earlier volumes (vols. 1-5) are not available because some of them are not aware that earlier volumes are available for reproduction at Elsevier's "Out-of-Print" Library in Manila. If that's the case, please be patient and ask to speak with a Senior Customer Service Representative. If that does not resolve the problem, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org and I will try to help you. For any other inquiries, please contact the publisher directly.)
8. Ask the author for an off-print. If all else fails, you can contact the author for an off-print copy of the article.