Areas of interest
We engage in research projects across a wide range of areas of computer graphics: virtual reality, visualization, mesh processing and image processing. Specific topics of interest are interactive visualization of large and high-dimensional datasets, such as diffusion tensor MRI and other medical images, and developing real-time computer graphics techniques.
Recent projects include:
- Virtual reality, immersive visualization
- Scientific visualization (drug discovery, neuroanatomy)
- Medical image processing (segmentation, registration, denoising)
- Mesh processing (segmentation, synthesis, editing)
- High order tensor field visualization (neuronal connectivity mapping)
- Nonphotorealistic rendering
- Computational arts
Contact Us: The BIG Lab is located at Purdue University in West Lafayette, Indiana.
Prospective students, collaborators and industry partners, please contact Tim for more info.
Undergraduate students, see this page
for more information about the CGT major in data visualization.
Graduate students, see this page
for more information about the CGT MS program and this page
for more information about the PhD program.
Desired research assistant skills and technologies:
- Unity, Unreal
- OpenGL, WebGL, DirectX or Vulkan
- OpenCL, CUDA or compute shaders
- Deep learning toolkits: Caffe, TensorFlow, Theano, Torch
- vtk, itk