Christian, Husband, Father, and Visiting Assistant Professor--in that order.
My MATLAB Libraries
- citicell - a MATLAB CITI file library
- RF Circuit (rfckt) - a fully customizable MATLAB RF Circuit suite/library for analyzing arbitrary two-port networks.
- Transmission Line Visualizer - a visual analysis tool for the visualization of tranmission lines with Non-Z0 characteristic impedance.
- Ph.D. in Electrical and Computer Engineering
August 2008 - August 2014
Purdue University, West Lafayette
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering with Distinction
August 2003 - December 2007
Purdue University, West Lafayette
- W. N. Allen and D. Peroulis, "A Visual Approach to Investigating the Bandwidth of Transmission Lines with Non-Z0 Impedance," IEEE Antennas and Propagation Magazine, vol. 55, no. 6, pp. 220-235, December 2013.
- W. N. Allen and D. Peroulis, "Wideband Diode-Based Reconfigurable Matching Network Operating at 36 dBm Input Power," 2012 IEEE Antennas and Propagation Society International Symposium (APSURSI), 2 pages, July 2012, Chicago, IL.
- W. N. Allen and D. Peroulis, "Bandwidth-optimal Single-tunable-element Matching Network for Antenna Tuning in Mobile Handsets," Proceedings of the IEEE MTT-S International Microwave Symposium, 4 pages, June 2011, Baltimore, MD.
- W. N. Allen, X. Liu, D. Peroulis, "Hermetically-Sealed Evanescent-mode Resonators Utilizing Packaging as Cavities," 2010 IEEE Radio and Wireless Symposium, January 2010.
- W. N. Allen, J. Small, X. Liu, D. Peroulis, "Bandwidth-optimal Single Shunt-capacitor Matching Networks for Parallel RC Loads of Q > 1," Asia-Pacific Microwave Conference 2009, December 2009.
- H.-H. Hsu, X. Wang, X. Liu, W. Allen, L.P.B. Katehi, and D. Peroulis, "Frequency- and Time-Domain Adaptive RF Front-Ends and Antennas," Proceedings of the International IEEE Conference on Microwaves, Communications, Antennas and Electronic Systems (COMCAS), 4 pages, May 2008, Tel-Aviv, Israel (Invited Paper).
- W. N. Allen, D. Peroulis, "Three-Bit and Six-Bit Tunable Matching Networks with Tapered Lines," 2009 IEEE Meeting on Si Monolithic ICs in RF Systems, 19-21 January 2009. pp 1-4.
- W. N. Allen, D. Peroulis, "Broadband Tunable Matching Networks Utilizing Tapered Lines," 2007 IEEE Antennas and Propagation Society International Symposium, June 2007, pp 3121-4.
- W. N. Allen and A. Kovacs, 2014 Rice Business Plan Competition, First Place in Challenge Round, April 2014.
- W. N. Allen and A. Kovacs, 2014 The Big Sell Entrepreneurship Competition, First Place, March 2014.
- W. N. Allen and A. Kovacs, 2013 IEEE Microwave Theory and Techniques Society Video Competition, Cellular Phones and You! (How does a cell phone work?), First Place, 2013.
- W. N. Allen, Purdue 7th Annual Elevator Pitch Competition, First Place, 2013. (re: CommSense)
- W. N. Allen, 2012 Purdue College of Engineering Outstanding Service Scholarship for his commitment to and efforts toward enhancing the graduate student community, 2012.
- W. N. Allen, IEEE International Microwave Symposium Student Paper Competition Finalist, 2011.
- W. N. Allen, Frederick N. Andrews Fellowship, 2008-2012.
- W. N. Allen, IEEE Microwave Theory and Techniques Society Undergraduate/Pre-Graduate Scholarship for his research on High-Q Tunable Matching Networks, 2008.
- W. N. Allen, National Consortium for Measurement and Signature Intelligence Research (NCMR) scholarship for his research on Time-Varying Circuits using MEMS/NEMS Devices, 2006.