- Y. Farnam, S. Dick, A. Wiese, J. Davis, D. Bentz, and J. Weiss, The Influence of Calcium Chloride Deicing Salt on Phase Changes and Damage Development in Cementitious Materials (Under Review)
- Y. Farnam, M.R. Geiker, D. Bentz, and J. Weiss, Using Acoustic Emission Waveform Characterization to Ascertain Where Cracks Originate in Concrete (Under Review).
- Y. Farnam, D. Bentz, A. Hampton, and J. Weiss (2014), Acoustic Emission and Low Temperature Calorimetry Study of Freeze and Thaw Behavior in Cementitious Materials Exposed to Sodium Chloride Salt, The Journal of the Transportation Research Record (In press).
- Y. Farnam, D. Bentz, A. Sakulich, D. Flynn, and J. Weiss (2014) , Measuring Freeze and Thaw Damage in Mortars Containing Deicing Salt Using a Low-Temperature Longitudinal Guarded Comparative Calorimeter and Acoustic Emission, Advances in Civil Engineering Materials (ASTM), Vol. 3, No. 1, 2014, pp. 1–22, doi:10.1520/ACEM20130095. ISSN 2165-3984.
- H. Gandomi, S.K. Babanajad, A.H. Alavi, and Y. Farnam (2012), A Novel Approach to Strength Modeling of Concrete under Triaxial Compression, Journal of Materials in Civil Engineering (ASCE), 2012, 24 (9), 1132-1143.
- S.K. Babanejad, Y. Farnam, and M. Shekarchi (2012), Failure Criteria and Triaxial Behavior of HPFRC Containing High Reactivity Metakaolin and Silica Fume, Journal of Construction and Building Materials (Elsevier), Vol. 29, 215-229.
- Y. Farnam, M. Moosavi, M. Shekarchi, S.K. Babanajad, and A. Bagherzadeh (2010), Behavior of Slurry Infiltrated Fiber Concrete (SIFCON) under Triaxial Compression, Journal of Cement and Concrete Research (Elsevier), Vol. 40 (11), 1571-1581.
- Y. Farnam, S. Mohammadi, and M. Shekarchi (2010), Experimental and Numerical Investigations of Low Velocity Impact Behavior of High-Performance Fiber-Reinforced Cement Based Composite, International Journal of Impact Engineering (Elsevier), Vol. 37 (2), 220-229.
Chapters in Book:
Co-Author in: Code No. 446, Introduction to heavy construction machinery. Publisher: Bureau of Technical Execution, Vice Presidency for Strategic Planning and Supervision, Tehran (Iran), 2009,ISBN 978-964-179067-9 (in Farsi).
Co-Author in: Code No. 447, Site safety management. Publisher: Bureau of Technical Execution, Vice Presidency for Strategic Planning and Supervision, Tehran (Iran), 2009, ISBN 978-964-179070-9 (in Farsi).
- L. Liston, M. Krafcik, Y. Farnam, B. Tao, K. Erk, and J. Weiss; Toward the Use of Phase Change Materials (PCM) in Concrete Pavements: Evaluation of Thermal Properties of PCM; in: 2014 FAA Worldwide Airport Technology Transfer Conference: Innovations in Airport Safety and Pavement Technologies, Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), Galloway (Oceanville), New Jersey, USA, 2014, pp. 1-13.
- Y. Qian, Y. Farnam, J. Weiss, Using acoustic emission to quantify freeze-thaw damage of mortar saturated with NaCl solutions, In: 4th International Conference on the Durability of Concrete Structures, West Lafayette, Indiana, USA, 2014, pp. 1-7.
A. Miller, R. Spragg, F. Antico, W. Ashraf, T. Barrett, A. Behnood, Y. Bu, Y. Chiu, B. Desta, Y. Farnam, H. Jeong, W. Jones, C. Lucero, D. Luo, F. Macobatti, C. Nickel, P. Panchmatia, K. Pin, S. Qiang, C. Qiao, H. Shagerdi, Q. Tian, R. Tokpotayeva, C. Vilani, A. Wiese, S. Woodard, and W. J. Weiss, “Determining the Moisture Content of Pre-Wetted Lightweight Aggregate: Assessing the Variability of the Paper Towel and Centrifuge Methods,In: 4th International Conference on the Durability of Concrete Structures, West Lafayette, Indiana, USA, 2014, pp. 1–5.
- Y. Farnam, D. Bentz, A. Sakulich, D. Flynn, and J. Weiss; Evaluation of Freeze and Thaw Damage in Mortars Containing Deicing Salt Using A Low Temperature Guarded Comparative Longitudinal Calorimeter and Acoustic Emission; in: 4th Advances in Cement-based Materials: Characterization, Processing, Modeling and Sensing, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, Urbana, IL, USA, July 8-10, 2013.
- Y. Farnam, D. Bentz, A. Sakulich, D. Flynn, and J. Weiss; Using Acoustic Emission to Quantify Damage in Cementitious Materials Exposed to Freezing and Thawing; in: AEWG 55th conference on acoustic emission, Anaheim/Los Angeles, CA, USA, June 11-13, 2013.
- T. Rahmani, B. Kiani, F. Sami, B.N. Fard, Y. Farnam, M. Shekarchi, Durability of glass, polypropylene and steel fiber reinforced concrete, in: Proceedings of 12th International Conf. on Durability of Building Materials and Components, Porto (Portugal), Apr. 2011, Article No. T31.
- Y. Farnam, A. Behrouzikhah, F.S. Sabet, S.M Jalili, M. Shekarchi, The effect of cement content on concrete durability with respect to environmental compatibility, in: Proceedings of 4th International Conf. on Construction Materials (ConMat'09), Nagoya (Japan), Aug. 2009, 289-294.
- Y. Farnam, S. Mohammadi, A. Bagherzadeh, S.K. Babanejad, Numerical simulation of concrete beam under low velocity impact, in: Proceedings of 4th International Conf. on Construction Materials (ConMat'09), Nagoya (Japan), Aug. 2009, 185-190.
- Y. Farnam, M. Shekarchi, M Mirdamadi, Experimental investigation of impact behaviour of high strength fiber reinforced concrete panels, in: Proceedings of the 2nd International Symposium on Ultra High Performance Concrete, Kassel (Germany), Mar. 2008, 751-758.
- Y. Farnam, M. Mahoutian, S. Mohammadi, M. Shekarchi, Experimental and numerical studies of impact behavior of fiber lightweight aggregate concrete, in: Proceedings of ASCE & SEI 2008 Structures Conf., Vancouver (Canada), Apr. 2008, 1-10.
- Y. Farnam, S. Mohammadi, M. Shekarchi M, Study of impact behavior of slurry-infiltrated fiber concrete, in: Proceedings of the 4th National Congress in Civil Engineering, Tehran (Iran), May 2008 (in Farsi).