About the Program
The Emerging Scholars Program (ESP) is open to promising CS freshmen enrolled in PROGRAMMING WITH MULTIMEDIA OBJECTS (CS 177). It provides an opportunity to begin learning computer science in a challenging, but friendly environment. The student's advisor places the ESP students in a special small discussion section as a complement to the CS 177 course that will meet once a week in the fall semester. Each meeting is led by Team Leaders (undergraduate CS students who excel in the major) and involves working in groups on interesting problems designed to help students develop a deep understanding and appreciation of the topics taught in class.
- Have the same assignments and exams as non-ESP students
- Earn 1 extra credit for their participation
- Learn new approaches to solving CS problems
- Make friendships that will last through their years at Purdue
- Have fun!
How to enroll:
You should discuss this option with your academic advisor during the freshmen registration called Day on Campus or contact email@example.com.
- Supervisor: Prof. Dunsmore (bxd at purdue dot edu)
- Head Instructor: Alexei Czeskis (czeskis at purdue dot edu )
- Assistant Instructors: Kayty Luptak (kluptak at purdue dot edu) and Marvin Michels (michels at purdue dot edu).
- Lab instructor: Brian Mathews (bjmathew at purdue dot edu).