Areas of interest
We work across a wide range of areas of computer graphics: virtual reality, real-time rendering techniques (ray tracing, ray casting), data visualization, mesh processing and image processing.
Recent projects include:
- Virtual reality, immersive visualization
- Scientific visualization
- Medical image processing (segmentation, registration, denoising)
- Mesh processing (segmentation, synthesis, editing)
- Tensor field processing and visualization (neuronal connectivity mapping)
- Computational arts
Contact Us: The BIG Lab is located at Purdue University in West Lafayette, Indiana.
Prospective students, collaborators and industry partners, please contact Tim for more info.
Undergraduate students, see this page
for more information about the CGT major in data visualization.
Graduate students, see this page
for more information about the CGT MS program and this page
for more information about the PhD program.
Desired research assistant skills and technologies:
- Unity, Unreal
- OpenGL, WebGL, DirectX or Vulkan
- OpenCL, CUDA or compute shaders
- Deep learning toolkits: Caffe, TensorFlow, Torch
- vtk, itk