Weldon School of Biomedical Engineering
College of Veterinary Medicine
206 S. Martin Jischke Drive, Box 96
West Lafayette, IN 47907-2032, U.S.A.
· Ph.D., Weldon School of Biomedical Engineering, Purdue University. My supervisor is Prof. Joseph Rispoli. Started in Fall 2016, passed Qualifying Exam in Fall 2017, passed Preliminary Exam in Summer 2019.
· M.S., Department of Radiology and Biomedical Imaging, UCSF
· B.S., Department of Biology, Hong Kong Baptist University
Areas of Interest
· Magnetic Resonance Imaging
· Traumatic Brain Injury
· Drug and Substance Abuse
· Yukai Zou, Ikbeom Jang, Timothy G. Reese, Jinxia Yao, Wenbin Zhu, Joseph V. Rispoli, "Cortical and Subcortical Contributions to Predicting Intelligence using 3D ConvNets," Chapter 21 in Lecture Notes in Computer Science, Vol. 11791: Adolescent Brain Cognitive Development Neurocognitive Prediction, Kilian M. Pohl, Wesley K. Thompson, Ehsan Adeli, Marius George Linguraru, eds., Cham, Springer International Publishing, 2019. [link]
· Ikbeom Jang, Il Yong Chun, Jared R. Brosch, Sumra Bari, Yukai Zou, Brain R. Cummiskey, Taylor A. Lee, Roy J. Lycke, Victoria N. Poole, Trey E. Shenk, Diana O. Svaldi, Gregory G. Tamer, Jr., Ulrike Dydak, Larry J. Leverenz, Eric A. Nauman, Thomas M. Talavage (2019), Every Hit Matters: White Matter Diffusivity Changes in High School Football Athletes Are Correlated with Repetitive Head Acceleration Event Exposure, NeuroImage: Clinical, 24: 101930. [link]
· Yukai Zou, Donna E. Murray, Timothy C. Durazzo, Thomas P. Schmidt, Troy A. Murray, Dieter J. Meyerhoff (2018), White matter microstructural correlates of relapse in alcohol dependence, Psychiatry Research: Neuroimaging, 281:92-100. [link]
· Yukai Zou, Donna E. Murray, Timothy C. Durazzo, Thomas P. Schmidt, Troy A. Murray, Dieter J. Meyerhoff (2017), Effects of abstinence and chronic cigarette smoking on white matter microstructure in alcohol dependence: diffusion tensor imaging at 4 Tesla, Drug and Alcohol Dependence, 175:42-50. [link]
· Yuqiang Fang, Catherine Y. Y. Iu, Cathy N. P. Lui, Yukai Zou, Carmen K. M. Fung, Hung Wing Li, Ning Xi, Ken K. L. Yung and King W. C. Lai (2014), Investigating dynamic structural and mechanical changes of neuroblastoma cells associated with glutamate-mediated neurodegeneration, Scientific Reports, 4: 7074. [link]
· Qiuxian Peng, Qin Zhang, Wei Xiao, Meng Shao, Qin Fan, Hongwei Zhang, Yukai Zou, Xin Li, Wenxue Xu, Zhixian Mo, Hongbing Cai (2014), Protective effects of Sapindus mukorossi Gaertn against fatty liver disease induced by high fat diet in rats, Biochem Biophys Res Commun, 450(1):685-91. [link]
· Yukai Zou, Wenbin Zhu, Ho-Ching Yang, Thomas M. Talavage, Joseph V. Rispoli (2019), Population-specific brain atlas for adolescent collision-sport athletes in Purdue Neurotrauma Group longitudinal database. Purdue University Research Repository. [link]
· “Monitoring Brain Health of Adolescent Collision-Sport Athletes: Statistics in Neuroimaging”, Statistics Graduate Student Seminar, College of Science, Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN, U.S.A. Apr 2, 2020.
· “Unbiased population-specific brain templates for adolescent collision-sport athletes”, 6th Indiana Neuroimaging Symposium, Indianapolis, IN, U.S.A., Oct 28, 2019.
· “Cortical and Subcortical Contributions to Predicting Intelligence using 3D ConvNets”, ABCD Neurocognitive Prediction Challenge, held in conjunction with MICCAI, Shenzhen, China, Oct 13, 2019.
· “High-G head collisions are associated with short-term white matter microstructural deficits in high school football athletes”, 3rd Joint Symposium of INS/NNS and AANS/CNS Section on Neurotrauma and Critical Care, Toronto, ON, Canada, Aug 14, 2018.
· “Diffusion tensor imaging reveals perturbation of brain white matter maturation in high school football players”, Summer Seminar, Weldon School of Biomedical Engineering, Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN, U.S.A., May 30, 2018.
· “Diffusion Tensor Imaging in Adolescent Athletes”, Comparative Pathobiology and Basic Medical Science Graduate Seminar, College of Veterinary Medicine, Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN, U.S.A., March 8, 2018.
· BME 205 Biomolecular and Cellular Systems Lab (F2018)
· BME 201 Biomolecules (F2017)
· Senator, Purdue Graduate Student Government (2018–2020) [Archives]
· Treasurer, Purdue Association for Magnetic Resonance (2017–2019)
· ISMRM Trainee (Educational) Stipend Award (2020)
· Professional Grant, Purdue Graduate Student Government (2019)
· Travel Award, Purdue Institute for Integrative Neuroscience (2019)
· Travel Award, Purdue Graduate Student Government (2019)
· Magoon Award for Excellence in Teaching (2019)
· Joe Bourland Travel Award (2018)
· ISMRM Trainee (Educational) Stipend Award (2018)
· ISMRM Trainee (Educational) Stipend Award (2017)
· Travel Award, Purdue Institute for Integrative Neuroscience (2017)
· Lynn Fellowship, Purdue University (2016)
· Talent Development Scholarship, Hong Kong Government (2014)
· Summer Undergraduate Research Fellowship, Hong Kong Baptist University (2010)
· Biomedical Engineering Society (2017-present)
· International Society for Magnetic Resonance in Medicine (ISMRM) (2016-present)
· Medical Image Computing and Computer Assisted Interventions Society (MICCAI) (2019-present)
· National Neurotrauma Society (2018-present)
· Organization for Human Brain Mapping (2017-present)
· Society for Neuroscience (2017-present)