Friday, April 29, 2005

Hey Everyone!
I've posted my projects on a very simplistic webpage: http://web.ics.purdue.edu/~wagnerj/newmedia/newmedia.html
I spent so much time on the Great Expectations project that I didn't have a ton of time to create a lovely host page. The Great Expectations webpage is my pride and joy and perhaps one of my most exciting projects of my graduate career. It was fun, interesting, and definitely a challenge.

The recycling project reflects on the waste problems I see at Purdue. That project was relatively simple in comparison to the first project b/c I made the movie in Movie maker and not Premiere.

My flickr account was a fun way to show my pictures to my friends and family. If you want an invite to that, let me know.

Anyway, it was a fun and exciting semester. I hope everyone has a great summer. See you in the fall!

3 Comments:

gvcarter said...

Enjoyed your Great Expectation presentation ... it lives up to its name!

And what a boon this document will be insofar as the job-market is concerned ... pop this thing in your pocket and let it do it's thing ... you'll wow 'em.

I wish we would have spent more time on some of the technical issues that you confronted in putting it all together.

No matter, I am sure I'll have time to pick up all these FTPing skills at some point.less ... !

Hey, one thing I wanted to pose as a question --as it's something that came up in my own class blog-- is this whole sense of "have a great summer and see you in the fall."

I mean, doesn't New Media complicate this sense that there is even a sense of "summer break" or "see you later."

Seems to me that emails and exchanges easily keep hummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmming along and that the very idea that a class is "over" or that things will be "picked up again" in late August misses something insofar as the boundlessness and interconnectiveness of all this ...

Why, in some sense, doesn't new media make it difficult to know when a class is "over" when the participants can go right on doing what they do in the forum that continues in Internet space?

Great Expections that keep expecting ...

7:59 AM

gvcarter said...

8:03 AM

gvcarter said...

I apologize for all these cross posts ...

The blog is bogging for some reason this morning!

9:09 AM

Post a Comment

<< Home