MAES is a nationwide organization whose mission is to promote, cultivate, and honor excellence in education and leadership among Latino engineers and scientists. We strive for a future where Latinos are leaders in the engineering and science world.
The purpose of the Purdue MAES student chapter is to:
1. Increase the number of underrepresented engineering and science students at Purdue University in West Lafayette, Indiana.
2. Develop a working network with local schools to encourage underrepresented students to enter the engineering and science fields.
3. Improve the retention rates of underrepresented students enrolled in engineering and science at Purdue.
3. Provide a forum for the exchange of information pertinent for underrepresented engineering/science students enrolled at Purdue.
4. Promote professional advancement for underrepresented engineers and scientists by fostering cooperation among industry, government, and the academic and professional communities to improve educational and employment opportunities.
5. Provide counseling and financial assistance to underrepresented students in engineering and science.